Class of 2021 - OL Tyler Magnuson (MN) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OL Tyler Magnuson (MN) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

That is a big fella.

Always great to have the big guys lining up to join the class.

Congrats Tyler! You're on the map!

TMag.jpg

Cruz alternative.

Regardless, this kid is MASSIVE -- and plays at a powerhouse program here in Minneapolis.

Yup. I take it this means Cruz has sailed.

Literally a SOLID plan B, if that’s even the case.

Guess maybe Maro and ?? as remaining O-Line targets?
(and working on maybe flipping Cooper)

We want lean, nimble guys on the line in this system. Love the names of kids in the last 2 classes.

The elephants and the rhinos paving the way for our dual threat QBs and playmakers.

I'll raise. All in.

I wouldn't.
Cruz feels to me like a guy you take no matter what. We obviously felt Magnuson couldn’t be passed up. If Cruz decides next week he wants in I can’t see us turning him away.

that said let’s keep the focus on Magnuson. It’s his thread and he should be celebrated for the player he is and for choosing the Cuse!

Cruz feels to me like a guy you take no matter what. We obviously felt Magnuson couldn’t be passed up. If Cruz decides next week he wants in I can’t see us turning him away.

that said let’s keep the focus on Magnuson. It’s his thread and he should be celebrated for the player he is and for choosing the Cuse!

You guys totally misread what I wrote.

I didn’t imply Cruz wasn’t a take - he is, no matter what.

It’s just that it seems like - perhaps - that the staff isn’t sure we’ll get him, so jumped on this instead.

Which is awesome.
Kid is HUUUUGE, has good feet, and serves up more pancakes than IHOP. :cool:

Magnuson and Hoeh have the best tape out of all the commits. Both have good technique and leverage. They have the best upside but need to add weight and strength. After a couple years of S&C they can be All ACC type guys. They also can be average. We wont know for sure but they will have to work hard and stay healthy for them to have a chance to be great.

Also rivals is killing us for our overall composite rankings. This is like the 4th commit that they ranked the day they committed. They are not putting in any time to evaluate them. No way a kid with his film, who has 19 offers( 4 P5), added 20 pounds since last season should be ranked 5.3 2 star. I'm so through with rivals laziness.

Just feels like a solid get: intelligence, size, good technique (from what I've read) and a great last name.
Keep filling out the class Dino & Monroe.