Class of 2021 - OL Tyler Magnuson (MN) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OL Tyler Magnuson (MN) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Just feels like a solid get: intelligence, size, good technique (from what I've read) and a great last name.
Keep filling out the class Dino & Monroe.

To avoid some of the issues that have plagued the team under Babers tenure, we needed to stockpile talent in the pipeline along both lines. The objective being that we have sufficient talent / depth to weather unexpected injuries, disqualifications, etc. Get the best athletes you can, grow them via S&C, and let the depth manifest as a self-fulfilling prophecy when you bring in good system fits year over year.

The "problem" [if you can call it that] with this approach is that it takes time. And Dino had some injuries / players being medically disqualified, which compromised overall depth and created glaring holes in the short term.

These last two classes have gone a LONG way towards shoring up deficiencies on BOTH lines long term -- bodes well for the future.

Last edited:
You guys totally misread what I wrote.

I didn’t imply Cruz wasn’t a take - he is, no matter what.

It’s just that it seems like - perhaps - that the staff isn’t sure we’ll get him, so jumped on this instead.

Which is awesome.
Kid is HUUUUGE, has good feet, and serves up more pancakes than IHOP. :cool:
I think we really like both of those guys. This kid's tape is legit. Really think we've done an excellent job on the OL in this class. If we can somehow land Cruz and Blair...

I think we really like both of those guys. This kid's tape is legit. Really think we've done an excellent job on the OL in this class. If we can somehow land Cruz and Blair...

REALLY like Blair's tape -- kid has a massive amount of potential. We land him and Cruz, and this will be a monster haul at OL.

This class is shaping up beautifully. The staff clearly has a plan to address what happened in 2019
C2FB94DB-7D9D-4886-8B23-53682921583F.gif

Even though I love nothing more than bashing that in over his head previous head coach i am not going to go down that rabbit hole. I have too much respect for this kid’s Tyler Magnuson’a commitment thread to let whack a Shafer guy thread commence.
Yep. I trust the mods here... that won’t happen.

You are a Shafer person.

God bless Dino Babers for knowing how to actually run a football program and bringing in this commit OL Tyler Magnuson.

Welcome aboard Tyler.
What does that have anything to do with Arizona, Army, or Duke? You are falsely using name calling to ignore any substance in the question.
PS: Who would ever want to be a 'Shafer person' or use that to shame another person. It's illogical to anything being discussed here.

You guys totally misread what I wrote.

I didn’t imply Cruz wasn’t a take - he is, no matter what.

It’s just that it seems like - perhaps - that the staff isn’t sure we’ll get him, so jumped on this instead.

Which is awesome.
Kid is HUUUUGE, has good feet, and serves up more pancakes than IHOP. :cool:
I don’t understand posts like this. Why would you assume that we’re out on Cruz just because we got another lineman we’ve been on for some time now as if he is some consolation prize? The staff is still after at least 2 more Olinemen so why would you think this kid wasn’t a
desired recruit?

When did they become legit?

Maybe not in the decade you’re stuck in.

Pull your Iroc Z over and take a look at performance over the past 5-10 years. Army’s had 10+ win seasons 2 of the last 3 years and the other two programs have had top 25 rankings at some point in at least 4 seasons of the past 10 seasons each. They’re not top 10 programs but they’re hardly New Mexico St or Idaho.

REALLY like Blair's tape -- kid has a massive amount of potential. We land him and Cruz, and this will be a monster haul at OL.
I agree with you 100% on Blair. I have said that kid is a must get if there is only one OL left to sign. He is a gem and add that to the rest of this OL class it would be outstanding.

I'm not enough of a recruitnik to understand this: 247 ranks him as the 113th-rated tackle and the 9th-ranked player in Minnesota. But the composite doesn't rank him at all. Is this just b/c Rivals/ESPN et al are asleep at the switch?

I'm not enough of a recruitnik to understand this: 247 ranks him as the 113th-rated tackle and the 9th-ranked player in Minnesota. But the composite doesn't rank him at all. Is this just b/c Rivals/ESPN et al are asleep at the switch?
Not that I’m a service follower, but in order to have a composite ranking, I would say that a kid needs to be properly rated by multiple services.

I’d take a look at Moneys take earlier in the thread. His explanation of the kid is worth far more than the services ratings of a kid anyways.