Class of 2021 - OL Tyler Magnuson (MN) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OL Tyler Magnuson (MN) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Not that I’m a service follower, but in order to have a composite ranking, I would say that a kid needs to be properly rated by multiple services.

I’d take a look at Moneys take earlier in the thread. His explanation of the kid is worth far more than the services ratings of a kid anyways.
Amazing...a man that actually coaches and is involved in football evaluates a kid better than a bunch of writers that never played or coached the game.

Shocker, I know.

Didn't one of the services go bankrupt a few years ago and have to get bought out or merge with another company?

I like the kids tape. My only quibble is the Minnesota offer.
I questioned that too. If it makes you feel any better Minnesota has 3 OL commits. Two committed in May and one in january. Camp workouts could have changed the pecking order of their boards

I questioned that too. If it makes you feel any better Minnesota has 3 OL commits. Two committed in May and one in january. Camp workouts could have changed the pecking order of their boards
They also aren’t infallible... they didn’t offer Trey Lance out of HS either. Not saying Magnuson will be as good as Lance has been at NDSU, I’m just pointing out than Minny has made some recent head scratching non-offers for guys in their neighborhood. Lance is just the big one right now

They also aren’t infallible... they didn’t offer Trey Lance out of HS either. Not saying Magnuson will be as good as Lance has been at NDSU, I’m just pointing out than Minny has made some recent head scratching non-offers for guys in their neighborhood. Lance is just the big one right now
Lance is a stud

2-4-7 is now owned by CBS.

R1vals is now owned by Yahoo!
Thank you! I thought it was just one site but 2 is even better. So apparently they are really super dependent on subscribers, so much so that the subscribers they had couldn't keep their businesses afloat.

Yahoo and CBS should both stick to screwing other stuff up and stay out of recruiting altogether as they clearly can't do that right either.

I wouldn't read too much into that. It looks like Minnesota did very good with their OT recruiting in this class. They had 3 prospects locked up by mid-May, 2 of which were out of state prospects.

Thank you! I thought it was just one site but 2 is even better. So apparently they are really super dependent on subscribers, so much so that the subscribers they had couldn't keep their businesses afloat.

Yahoo and CBS should both stick to screwing other stuff up and stay out of recruiting altogether as they clearly can't do that right either.
Another day in the office at Yahoo corporate lol

Another great pick up by this staff in an always position of need. Congratulations young Mr. Magnuson on your excellent choice of Syracuse University Football. Great job again Syracuse Coaches and Recruiting Staff, keep them coming. As always Go Orange!!!!!!!!11

I think that's fair to question.

However, this recruiting cycle is highly disrupted by what's happening in the world. Normally, this kid would have attended camps this past summer, gotten opportunities for more exposure, and who knows what might have happened from there.

I will say [from living locally] that Wayzata HS is one of the top football programs in the state. They are a "super district" -- think Liverpool on steroids -- that won a football state championship a couple of years ago. They play the top level of competition in this admittedly low population state, but he's clearly facing decent comp.

Looks like a good athlete and a good student, so a worthwhile gamble. And probably not all that much of a gamble, given the size. Will be interesting to see if he picks up a few more offers between now and December. I'm guessing he will.

So he is one of the 5 best OL in Minn? Nice

Likely a recruit others will try to poach up until signing day

With the current situation in the trenches, he needs to be told he can play his first year.

With the current situation in the trenches, he needs to be told he can play his first year.
Hope not. Then its the same issues.