Class of 2019 - OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC) Grad Transfer from UT Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC) Grad Transfer from UT Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graduated HS in 2017.

Garden City CC in 2017 but left after coaching change. Don't know if he ever played for them.

Iowa Western CC in 2018.

Two years at Texas. Opted out 2020 season. Never played.

Would love Cuse to bring in a guy like this. Has already been in a P5 S&C program, practiced against top talent and has some years still to play and was thought highly enough of by a school like UT to get offered.

Graduated HS in 2017.

Garden City CC in 2017 but left after coaching change. Don't know if he ever played for them.

Iowa Western CC in 2018.

Two years at Texas. Opted out 2020 season. Never played.
He went to HS in Racine, Wisconsin. Kramer Cook is from Racine...

I like the fact that the staff has offered a few Offensive tackles in the last couple of weeks if one commits and is ready to start from day 1 does that mean Servais would move back to center ?

There's no doubt what position is the staff's #1 priority is from the transfer portal. This guy looks like he holds a bunch in pass blocking.

Would be great if we got two upperclassman OL a OT and interior but not sure if the numbers work for that.

I like the fact that the staff has offered a few Offensive tackles in the last couple of weeks if one commits and is ready to start from day 1 does that mean Servais would move back to center ?
I think it comes down to whether Bergeron passed him on the pecking order or if he was too hurt to play tackle on the blind side.

If they find 1-2 OT's better than Servais than I think he should play Center next season.

I have family connections to the Texas program. Tyler is a good kid, thoughtful kid. I've gotten to stand next to him and he is probably the largest human being I've ever been around. He came to Texas a very soft 360 and worked hard to reshape his body to a more manageable 330 (as of last year - I have no idea how hard he worked in his opt out year). He's definitely a guard, but has the potential to be a road grader type. I hope he ends up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.