Class of 2019 - OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville

Since 2017, he has been a busy guy, announcing intentions to attend

Garden City CC
Iowa Western
Texas
Syracuse
TBD

If he applies himself, he has a chance to verbal to 10 colleges before he is through.

I hope he finds a good home, stays there and gets a degree. Someday soon.

Since 2017, he has been a busy guy, announcing intentions to attend

Garden City CC
Iowa Western
Texas
Syracuse
TBD

If he applies himself, he has a chance to verbal to 10 colleges before he is through.

I hope he finds a good home, stays there and gets a degree. Someday soon.
Maybe not...hated losing him but we might have dodged a bullet. Who knows, it could also be something he had no control over.

Too bad some other kid didn't get the chance to go to SU.

Last edited:
Is he a nice thing that we can’t have?
Guess we’ll never know.

I don't really care about this other than I hope whatever the kid is doing turns out alright. Always felt weird. Dude was never here, no idea how much he was truly in the plans, so I can't really assess the meaning of this loss.

Plus, we're still all going to die some day.

I wonder if he got on campus and realized he was not going to start. I read he was going to be on campus late may. Maybe he showed and made the decision he could not beat out the players in front of him. Other possibility is he got a better offer and decided to leave. Most likely in the end we will never know.
I agree with another post. I was never sold on the fact that he was going to slide in as a starter. Had not played in a game in two years. Opted out last year.
It will be interesting if we grab someone else from the portal. May give insight into the coaches thoughts on depth of the Oline.

That’s it! He’s going to Western Michigan. Willie Tyler and (Tim) Lester were destined to be together!

1623456001405.png

I wonder if he got on campus and realized he was not going to start. I read he was going to be on campus late may. Maybe he showed and made the decision he could not beat out the players in front of him. Other possibility is he got a better offer and decided to leave. Most likely in the end we will never know.
I agree with another post. I was never sold on the fact that he was going to slide in as a starter. Had not played in a game in two years. Opted out last year.
It will be interesting if we grab someone else from the portal. May give insight into the coaches thoughts on depth of the Oline.
How would he realize that he was not going to start if he was not here for any practices?

We'll know in a week or so...if he has a Plan B.