Class of 2019 - OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville

Am I missing any?

Cuse is batting .333% in OL Transfers

Koda...at least a Triple

Alexander...ejected from game after going hitless

Tyler...cut before spring training
I think that’s right

I also think of JC as similar to transfers, if you agree then we have

Tisdale…single with room for extra bases

Bradford…on team…not yet in lineup

EDIT..forgot Bleich…probable double based on internal chatter

Since 2017, he has been a busy guy, announcing intentions to attend

Garden City CC
Iowa Western
Texas
Syracuse
TBD

If he applies himself, he has a chance to verbal to 10 colleges before he is through.

I hope he finds a good home, stays there and gets a degree. Someday soon.
Mark Konecny 2.0

I think that’s right

I also think of JC as similar to transfers, if you agree then we have

Tisdale…single with room for extra bases

Bradford…on team…not yet in lineup

EDIT..forgot Bleich…probable double based on internal chatter

Biggest thing with Bleich is just being consistently healthy. He started at Florida as a RF, so he should be an impact player on the line if he can stay healthy.

I'm permanently expunging this thread from my data banks. I mean yeah it's fine for any and all to comment on, but for me, after the decommit, I'm done with it.
Bronx Cheer!

So... any ideas what may have transpired?

Is the kid just flaky, or was there something else behind this?

Bottom line ...the line is more than fine even without him
The bottom line is we have no real idea how "fine" this OL will be until we see it on the field. There is no way it will be worse than last year. Tyler is a loss no matter how it is spun. The scouting reports I saw had him competing for the RT spot.

We need all the talent we can find on the OL

When a player has multiple years in college, enters the portal in January and doesn’t commit until April and not on campus until late summer, I think that says something about someone’s priorities.

Most kids transferring (with solid P5 demand) are trying to decide and get on campus as quickly as possible so they can learn the play book, get in the S&C program and compete for their spot at quickly as possible.

I hope Willie has a terrific career and it all works out for him, whatever he decides

The bottom line is we have no real idea how "fine" this OL will be until we see it on the field. There is no way it will be worse than last year. Tyler is a loss no matter how it is spun. The scouting reports I saw had him competing for the RT spot.

We need all the talent we can find on the OL
Not sure how he is a loss. It was pure speculation how he was going to play. He had not played in two years. Never played in a game for Texas. We have no idea what shape he was going to be in. People just assumed the because he was at Texas that automatically he was going to arrive and be a starter.
We have a lot of depth. If the entire season was relying on Tyler than we need to reevaluate everything.

Maybe he's betting on himself? Isn't that what the kids say these days when they renege on a commitment?

So... any ideas what may have transpired?

Is the kid just flaky, or was there something else behind this?
No concrete inside information here, but a couple of things are going on that may have an effect on competitive balance and college decisions.
First, many private schools, particularly outside of the Deep South are requiring Covid vaccines starting in the summer session. Public schools are not, at least until full usage clearance is given by the CDC. Even with that many big state schools will not require vaccination. It has been well documented that the young and minority communities have been resisting vaccination.
Second, some states have already passed NIL legislation that overrides NCAA regulations on kids making a little $$$$ for commercials, public appearances, etc. In football this likely impacts the glamour positions more than OL but there still may be opportunities for the big guys to cash in on private training or similar events.
Again, nothing specific on Tyler but there are rumblings about both of these factors.

There is no doubt that schools in states that allow NIL are going to have a significant advantage. If im a player or parent and im being offered by multiple schools. Unless im completely sold why wouldnt i use the NIL to break ties and go to a school where im allowed to profit?
This is going to be a cluster and SU is going to start losing players to second tier schools that are located in those states. Its a big deal.

There is no doubt that schools in states that allow NIL are going to have a significant advantage. If im a player or parent and im being offered by multiple schools. Unless im completely sold why wouldnt i use the NIL to break ties and go to a school where im allowed to profit?
This is going to be a cluster and SU is going to start losing players to second tier schools that are located in those states. Its a big deal.
My bigger fear is that high school teammates meet up after their freshman year at different schools. One made $2500 and free pizza for the semester for being at a store event. The other, who may have been the better player, got nothing. Friend says "You should come play with us!" Fire up the transfer portal.

My bigger fear is that high school teammates meet up after their freshman year at different schools. One made $2500 and free pizza for the semester for being at a store event. The other, who may have been the better player, got nothing. Friend says "You should come play with us!" Fire up the transfer portal.

Very possible and again the NCAA has had several years to make common sense rules but put the blanket over themselves and abdicated.

Wonder if grades might have been an issue.

Regardless I think Servais is the clear favorite to start at RT, but there will be depth there and at Guard this year.

Wonder if grades might have been an issue.

Regardless I think Servais is the clear favorite to start at RT, but there will be depth there and at Guard this year.
I just hope they have someone at center who gets the snap to the QB, and not the ground. Our current center has been a disaster the last 2 years

Very possible and again the NCAA has had several years to make common sense rules but put the blanket over themselves and abdicated.
Did you really use NCAA and common sense in the same sentence?

Mark Few spoke to Congress last week about getting off their arses and getting a bill passed that’s consistent from state to state. Congress is such a cluster xxxx it may take years to get any legislature passed.

Did you really use NCAA and common sense in the same sentence?

It can be done.

“The NCAA has ZERO common sense.”

See? Easy peasy!

Here’s another one: “CuseRunner” and “brilliant insight”.

“The next time CR has a brilliant insight, it’ll be his first.”

I’ll be here all night. Try the veal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom