Class of 2019 - OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Willie Tyler (WI / IWCC / TEXAS) Portal from Rutgers to Louisville

A lil weary of why we only had to beat out Eastern Michigan, Arkansas State, New Mexico, BYU and Louisiana-Monroe when most teams are usually desperate for OL but I'll take any lineman any day that has been at that big of a school.

A lil weary of why we only had to beat out Eastern Michigan, Arkansas State, New Mexico, BYU and Louisiana-Monroe when most teams are usually desperate for OL but I'll take any lineman any day that has been at that big of a school.
I think that's fair. But the counterpoint is that he last played at a junior college, then redshirted at a Texas, and then opted out last season and never saw the field. So out of sight out of mind?

F9233B97-F98A-491C-BBAF-A0D00C4682ED.png

Gotta tip my cap to Dino- guy is doing whatever it takes to shore up the deficiencies in last years roster. Yet another year where I spend April through August talking myself into big time bowl aspirations...hope springs eternal!

Welcome aboard big fella!

He was on Texas's 2 deep preseason 2020 at Guard before he opted out. If that makes you feel any better.

I'm also surprised with his size, coming out of a P5/factory type school and being on their 2 deep that he wasn't more heavily sought after as well.

Alton Robinson only had an offer from New Mexico State when we gave him a second chance.
I trust Dino.

Love that we added Willie. My thought though is does the staff have questions on d.Davis or Bleech. We have both those guys, Tinsdale, p. Davis and fromney at guard. I know it says Willie’s an OT but everything I’ve seen he’s coming as a guard. I’m not counting the freshman because do not this they will be ready. I like the depth now but still feel we need an OT. Right we have burgeron, red, Bradford and servies. Be interesting how it all shakes out.

Would Servais move back to Center if Tyler can handle RT?
Is Servais best position center or tackle?

it seemed Vettorello had many low snaps and was regularly pushed back into backfield.

min the 10-3 season, it did not seem Servais snapped low as often as Vettirello, nor was he pushed into backfield as often.

Any old o-linemen have any insight?

Alton Robinson only had an offer from New Mexico State when we gave him a second chance.
I trust Dino.
Bad comparison given why he needed another chance.

He's doing a good job of breaking information but he literally has 0 competition right now.
Give Mike kudos...One of our resident "know it all" experts has been silent on this front. Like the info from all available sources.

Is Servais best position center or tackle?

it seemed Vettorello had many low snaps and was regularly pushed back into backfield.

min the 10-3 season, it did not seem Servais snapped low as often as Vettirello, nor was he pushed into backfield as often.

Any old o-linemen have any insight?
Simply put, both aren’t great. 4-5 years of unimpressive tape on servals, but he was better at C before that disaster 260 lb year (what was that??). Veterello is just bad.

Great get, previously practiced against high level talent and just as importantly has been in a S&C program for a few years. He comes I would hope "ready built" for reps at least physically.
Actually if he opted out last year he would not have participated in any team activities which included participating in S&C program.
I happen to know a kid at Texas who opted out and he was basically shut out from the program all last season.

Worthlessly speculative question. If WT was fresh out of HS right now, would he be a high 3 or a 4 star like Qadir White?

And I’m very happy to have him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom