Class of 2024 - OL Xavier Miles (NJ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/19/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 OL Xavier Miles (NJ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/19/24)

The issue isn't the offers, it's the timing. Most of those he got as a Soph and his recruiting has been relatively quite for a while. The younger Diggs was a similar case - pursued fairly heavily and then the recruiting just went dark. Now there can be a number of reasons behind that. You hope in Miles's case that he's a late qualifier though or something along those lines and not a kid that plateaued. Could be like tomcat indicated where he put on bad weight and schools backed off, then might be worth a flyer as a reclamation project.

He's at a big time school in NJ with a lot of eyes on it. So I find it hard to believe he was missed. So something else had to cause the schools pursuing him to slow down.
It does seem odd that we don't really see anything on colleges recruiting him too recently but it does look like his WVU and GT offers did come in April of 2023 though. Maybe the weight thing and then possibly some teams thought he'd be a GT lean because of his brother. Timing suggests he's probably a little bit of a flyer. At least its a flyer with some strength and size. And its a good sign that he was already able to adjust his habits to better his body for playing football.

The issue isn't the offers, it's the timing. Most of those he got as a Soph and his recruiting has been relatively quite for a while. The younger Diggs was a similar case - pursued fairly heavily and then the recruiting just went dark. Now there can be a number of reasons behind that. You hope in Miles's case that he's a late qualifier though or something along those lines and not a kid that plateaued. Could be like tomcat indicated where he put on bad weight and schools backed off, then might be worth a flyer as a reclamation project.

He's at a big time school in NJ with a lot of eyes on it. So I find it hard to believe he was missed. So something else had to cause the schools pursuing him to slow down.
I don't know what happened with Miles but you have to consider the effect the portal has had on high school recruiting.

Last edited:
I think that a kid like this could be a Jr or Sr starter who kills it as an older player and knows the system well. I know most 4 and 5 star guys wanna play now but if they were honest with him and said he may have to stay and start later like we use to, he may have been good with that.

Guy played OL and DT in high school so it will be interesting to see where Fran and team project him. Given a year or two in the weight room, I could see a good DT, OG, or even an OC possibly.

I would think Brown not only knows the team, the player, the coach, but probably has a good connection with the opp teams and coaches to get answers he wanted to take a kid late in the process.

No reason to reach for kids he doesn't think can't produce considering how hard they went after kids already.

I find it hilarious that some of us question the number one recruiter in the country who just happens to be from NJ when it comes to kids like this.
It will be interesting to see what Fran's net return is on flyers taken at the end of his classes.

Now with his pedigree I'm a lot more comfortable with it, and he's taken kids in James and McDaniels that physically and on film look the part, and in Diggs #2 and Miles kids that were heavily recruited earlier in their recruiting arc. So it will be fun to keep an eye on these 4 and see how they progress in their careers.

correct you are

party GIF

Oh God this crootin thing is starting up
Again isn’t it? I’m not sure I’m ready for round 2…
Well you better get freaking ready!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom