Class of 2020 - OL Zak Zinter (MA) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Zak Zinter (MA) Offered

Offers from BC, UMass, Michigan, PSU, Purdue, Duke, Ohio St, Dartmouth, Northwestern, Tenn, Pitt, UVA, Rutgers, Syracuse

Last edited:
A very impressive P5 offer list, along with Dartmouth and Rutgers lower level offers
And looking at his twitter he REALLY likes Michigan. Has visited there multiple times.

And looking at his twitter he REALLY likes Michigan. Has visited there multiple times.
The hope is that these kids start to see the exodus of players via transfer from a Michigan and understandit for what it is which is getting recruited over once there.

The hope is that these kids start to see the exodus of players via transfer from a Michigan and understandit for what it is which is getting recruited over once there.
No player worth a D-1 scholarship is ever worried about being recruited over. If you are worried about that, you are not mentally prepared to be the best.

No player worth a D-1 scholarship is ever worried about being recruited over. If you are worried about that, you are not mentally prepared to be the best.
It still has to be a consideration, though. Obviously you need to have confidence to play at the D-I level. However, CFB is littered with the stories Ishaq Williams that could have gone to the local school and started early on, but languish away at the factory and never rise to more than a role player. A lot of these kids are consistently being told how great they are from a young age, especially in a small town or an area that does not produce a lot of talent. This clouds their understanding of reality if they don’t have a ton of discipline to check themselves.

the flipside of that argument is that when you practice with the best, you are forced to compete. When you walk into a situation with less depth, you can coast on your rating and natural talent. When you are put in an environment where there is talent ahead of and behind you, it forces you to maximize your talent.

It is salesmanship. There's a pitch for seeing it either way, and there is merit in both ways. The trick is figuring out what appeals to what kid.

I wonder what our chances of getting a good look from this kid is.

Would love to land this kid.

He screams four year starter.

Probably ends up a mid round draft pick

Is this the point where we all get frustrated and admit defeat for this recruit as well?

Is this the point where we all get frustrated and admit defeat for this recruit as well?
Heck no. Lots and lots of time in this recruiting cycle. And some of those kids that commit now, way too early in my opinion, will more than likely flip to another school.

21 offers. Retweeting Michigan and ND stuff. I know 2 of his spring visits will be Penn State, and ND.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom