Class of 2021 - OL Zen Michalski (IN) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OL Zen Michalski (IN) Offered

1585852625049.png

Because of Covid the NCAA keeps extending the Dead Period.

I may not have been clear -- why would there be a dead period at all? What made the NCAA think, 'you know what, we think it would be a good idea to limit a coaching staff's contact with recruits during these specific windows'?

I may not have been clear -- why would there be a dead period at all? What made the NCAA think, 'you know what, we think it would be a good idea to limit a coaching staff's contact with recruits during these specific windows'?
There are a multitude of recruiting rules. When contact can be made. What type of contact can be made.

I think it’s because many of these recruits get bombarded with coaches calling them. If there were no dead period or any rules limiting the contact, these kids would not have time to do anything but answer their phones.

Serious question. Are we trying to flip him? Considering he turned down Ohio St, that could be quite a chore.

Maybe the players want to get there five free visits? The dead period does really affect the players that do not have the financial resources to visit the schools but a majority of su commits I believe did visit informally prior to committing.

For any player, the dead period is taking away any opportunities that could present themselves with a good year. There's going to be some unheralded talent that takes off this season that won't be able to hear from anyone until it's lifted if he's still on their radar.

Maybe the players want to get there five free visits? The dead period does really affect the players that do not have the financial resources to visit the schools but a majority of su commits I believe did visit informally prior to committing.
Most of them did what prospects are doing all over the country and taking video tours of the schools with lots of zoom recruiting by staffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom