Class of 2018 - OLB Chase Kline (OH) Verbal to Michigan State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OLB Chase Kline (OH) Verbal to Michigan State

2018 LB Chase Kline Holds One Offer To Date

Offers from Iowa St, Syracuse

Back to Kline. Did we even make his top 3? If not, I am not sure circumstances matter at State.

I think they need to adopt a soccer transfer window model for these transfers. The in-season stuff is getting ridiculous.

Nah. Let anarchy reign!!!! :p

I’d assume the in-season stuff will quiet down after this week, since a lot of these dudes are hitting the portal after 4 (or fewer) appearances, to maintain an extra season of eligibility.

Nah. Let anarchy reign!!!! :p

I’d assume the in-season stuff will quiet down after this week, since a lot of these dudes are hitting the portal after 4 (or fewer) appearances, to maintain an extra season of eligibility.
Good point, didn't think about that

One of the arguments for increasing freedom with transfers is that coaches can jump ship for a better situation whenever they want. That generally doesn't happen during the season. I think it would be reasonable to have guys wait until after the season. You could set an early December date for when the window opens and close it early August.

I think they need to adopt a soccer transfer window model for these transfers. The in-season stuff is getting ridiculous.

Probably true. Also, kids should have to continue on academically (just through the current academic semester in which they declare - for schools with summer and trimester's round it to December 15, May 15, and August 15) to disincentivized them to be mercenaries. "Transferring" is different than "dropping out" or "unenrolling."

A major problem is that this was all supposed to be confidential. A kid could "test" the waters without having it blasted out there that he was leaving a program. So much for that.