Class of 2017 - OLB/DE Justin Ellis (GA) Transfer to Georgia Southern | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OLB/DE Justin Ellis (GA) Transfer to Georgia Southern

Understood. I was told the staff doesn't want to cause any embarrassment by tweeting out a correction, but he's 100% a pwo

Okay, thanks for the info.

Apparently Roswell had a couple 4 star kids, and a couple 3 star kids. Weird he went under the radar and made first team all-state, must have been the measurables?

Apparently Roswell had a couple 4 star kids, and a couple 3 star kids. Weird he went under the radar and made first team all-state, must have been the measurables?

He looks around 6'1"...regardless should be a good program guy.

He looks around 6'1"...regardless should be a good program guy.

Could see him making contributions on special teams. Looks like a good "get" for a PWO.

Even at 6'-1" he is 1st team allstate, you would think one of the big boys would have jumped on as a linebacker. He is a tackling machine with speed.

8 Roswell Football Players Sign D-1 Scholarships

Eight Roswell High School football players signed scholarships Wednesday with NCAA Division 1 schools, with at least two others from the Hornets’ state runner-up teams from 2015 and ’16 expected to play in college at the D1 level and others signing with non-D1 schools.

The ceremonies were held as part of National Signing Day, which fell on Feb. 1 this year.

Defensive backs Xavier McKinney and LeAnthony Williams signed with the two teams that played for the recent national championship, with McKinney, a safety, signing with Alabama and Williams, a cornerback, signing with Clemson. Williams will join former Roswell teammate Tre Lamar, who played as a freshman at linebacker for the Tigers.

Offensive tackle Jordan Tucker will also join a former Roswell teammate at North Carolina. Outside linebacker Tyrone Hopper signed with the Tar Heels the previous year and was red-shirted his freshman season.

Quarterback Malik Willis, who enjoyed an outstanding senior season after transferring from Westlake to Roswell, signed with Auburn to play quarterback after originally committing to Virginia Tech to play a different position.

Wide receiver Jayden Comma and cornerback Justus Harris will both play for Big 10 schools, with Comma signing with Maryland and Harris with Minnesota. Wide receiver Corey Reed is the Hornets’ third ACC-bound player, signing with Louisville. Running back Sheldon Evans, who rushed for over 5,000 yards as a three-year starter, signed with Marshall.

Defensive end Justin Ellis is considering offers from several D1 schools, and fellow defensive end Koby Cumberlander will play for a junior college in Iowa. Long snapper Matthew Smith will join McKinney and Willis in the SEC, making a last-minute switch from Mississippi State to South Carolina.

Justin, Welcome to the Syracuse Football family. Go Orange!

justin ellis3790815_b57dd283560d4453a514c9acaa28b826.jpg

This kid is the kind of blue collar defensive football player that Boise State loaded up on the past 20 years.

I am glad he's aboard but didn't we discover he is indeed not 6-3 more like 6 even and more than likely limited his scholly offers?

Is this technically a grey-shirt because we have 25 guys coming in on 2017 schollies?

The old rule says that you're limited to signing 25 players from Dec 1 to May 31. It doesn't mention anything about players who sign after May 31.

The new rule (which goes into effect for the 2018 recruiting class) limits schools to 25 players total.

The old rule says that you're limited to signing 25 players from Dec 1 to May 31. It doesn't mention anything about players who sign after May 31.

The new rule (which goes into effect for the 2018 recruiting class) limits schools to 25 players total.
I feel like there has to be a significance to July 31.

I feel like there has to be a significance to July 31.

I believe we're limited to starting training camp with only 20 walk-ons. If he's on scholarship by then, he's not a walk-on.

Watching his film he's the type of kid Scott Shafer loved. He's an animal. hardnosed football player. Might be a little short but weight looks legit and right when I think he's just a bull rusher he seems to have some quickness about him. really gets after it. different type than say Rob Welsh. And obviously this Georgia HS program is no joke. Kid is great for depth and could push for time later on.

Sounds like a "blue shirt" scenario. Go on a scholarship during fall camp and count towards next year, so long as he wasn't "recruited".

Sounds like a "blue shirt" scenario. Go on a scholarship during fall camp and count towards next year, so long as he wasn't "recruited".

If he was a blue shirt, he wouldn't be able to receive his scholarship until AFTER fall camp started.

July 31 is about a week before camp.

Something very fishy hear. How does a 6'3"/240# kid playing in GA with 20 tfl, 19 sacks NOT be rated with only 2 or 3 MAC offers???? As previously stated, yup, he is probably 5'11 or 6 foot. Lately, I am tired of the way heights and weights get thrown around for kids to get a look. Maybe the staff sees him as a MIKE?

His film looks really good to me, but what the hell do I know.

Any of the board coaches want to chime in? money, finwad, jb, cil....?

No matter how tall he is, his tape looks solid. Definitely think he projects as an OLB. He looks to have great vision, and seems to be quick at diagnosing the play. High motor, good speed and strength. Welcome to the Cuse. PWO, or whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom