Class of 2016 - OLB Eric Briscoe Jr (WA) Verbal to Oregon | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Eric Briscoe Jr (WA) Verbal to Oregon

Why would we be in on a west coast player like this? Is there a staff or legacy connection? I understand that we'll take quality players wherever we can find them, but is it really worth our time recruiting in the Pacific northwest unless there's a tie of some sort with the recruit?

Why would we be in on a west coast player like this? Is there a staff or legacy connection? I understand that we'll take quality players wherever we can find them, but is it really worth our time recruiting in the Pacific northwest unless there's a tie of some sort with the recruit?

I would guess that because he has an AF offer he already had a relationship with Moreland. And at this stage in recruiting the only time involved would be a DM or mail. The next step would be up to the kid to visit.

hey, we didn't have any ties with Dungey and we got him. As CL said, probably does have a relationship with Moreland, which can't hurt.

http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/2015/04/27/catching-up-with-eric-briscoe-of-ac-davis/

Catching Up With Eric Briscoe of AC Davis

Click for Eric Briscoe Highlights

Eric-Briscoe-335x335.png

Eric Briscoe

One of the top two-way athletes in the 2016 recruiting class from Washington is Eric Briscoe of AC Davis (Yakima) High School.

The 6-foot-3, 215 pounder is a two-time All-State TE, but is seeing most of his recruiting interest on the defensive side of the ball. While he projects as an outside linebacker, he has received All-League status the last two seasons for his work at Safety.

“Air Force was my first offer on March 10th,” Briscoe told NEI. “They offered me as and athlete, but I think they would want me to play defense. Colorado State offered on March 23rd and they also offered me as an athlete. Syracuse offered on April 4th as an outside linebacker.”

Briscoe has a long list of schools showing interest, that have yet to offer. The list includes most of the Pac12 with Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Cal and Arizona showing strong interest. The Mountain West is well represented with Boise State, Utah State, Nevada, San Diego State and Wyoming showing the most interest.

Academics are big to Briscoe who sports a 3.648 GPA with and a 1650 SAT, so interest from the Duke and Notre Dame, as well as Ivy League schools Yale, Harvard, Brown and Princeton is no surprise.

This offseason is filling up fast for Briscoe as he as already started taking visits to junior day events and has multiple events scheduled in the near future.

“I went to the UW Junior Day and EWU junior day and I’ll be at Oregon next weekend for the spring game,” Briscoe said. “I’m gonna try and see some California schools this summer also. I will be going to the Team USA Camp, UW Rising Stars, Oregon Individual Camp, EWU Team Camp, Skyline 7on7, possibly the Rose City Rumble 7on7, and I’m trying to get down to Utah State for a one day camp.”

Briscoe appears to be in no hurry to make a commitment as he plans on waiting until after his senior season has concluded, unless that right offer comes along.

We will be sure to keep you updated on Briscoe as more offers are likely headed his way.

you beat me to it, CL, was going to post that Tweet. He obviously is committing... Twitter Overreaction Alert! :)

LOL. I was wondering about a visit maybe?

Not sure about the financial situation of his family. Quite a long and expensive trip for an unofficial, hopefully we can get him to come up for an official once his season starts.