Class of 2018 - OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue

Yes, he is fast bc he is the size of a 4 or 5 star LB. will need to add 30# and keep his speed to play in the ACC. like the kid and the talent pool he has competed against.
I like the height, the competition level he is playing against, the obvious strength he has even playing less than 200 pounds (note the violent reactions when he hits someone), the speed and quickness he has and most of all, his aggressiveness and pursuit angles. He is going to make a lot of tackles behind the LOS.

Looks like his frame will easily allow him to get bigger too. He is no string bean out there. Really similar player to Fagan, who I also am very impressed with.

I like the height, the competition level he is playing against, the obvious strength he has even playing less than 200 pounds (note the violent reactions when he hits someone), the speed and quickness he has and most of all, his aggressiveness and pursuit angles. He is going to make a lot of tackles behind the LOS.

Looks like his frame will easily allow him to get bigger too. He is no string bean out there. Really similar player to Fagan, who I also am very impressed with.
He reminds me of a young Keith Bullock. Plenty of room to grow with great athletic ability.

Zaire is currently 244, PB is 225 .. I'd say this kid can put on 30-40 pounds from now to the end of his first year with us and he'll be golden
30-40 lbs in 18 months is a lot of weight to add without sacrificing some other skills. We should temper our expectations a little.

really though, untul you know if he is done growing adding weight is a big unknown.. if he grew 2 inches, he could add 20 lbs without doing much of anything, if he is done its a lot more work

Every kid that age and size adds 20 pounds naturally.

I agree with you but i am a bit tepid as i have already seen him listed anywhere from 6 ft to 6'3". Reminds me alot of Jonathon Thomas 4 years ago. Had the same frame coming in. Then these kids get to campus and all of the sudden they are 6', 190 and a 3-4 yr project at lb bc he is acrually the size of a safety. I hope he is a legit 6'3" bc if so he can add 20-25# easily and still fly around.

I agree with you but i am a bit tepid as i have already seen him listed anywhere from 6 ft to 6'3". Reminds me alot of Jonathon Thomas 4 years ago. Had the same frame coming in. Then these kids get to campus and all of the sudden they are 6', 190 and a 3-4 yr project at lb bc he is acrually the size of a safety. I hope he is a legit 6'3" bc if so he can add 20-25# easily and still fly around.

Like I said in a earlier post that I am only around the corner from him being in Winter Haven. I plan on checking him out sometime in the near future and will get back to all with my personal information of this young man.

Jonathon Thomas measurable where not nike verified so of course his High School will inflate them and he was the type of player needed even if we found out he was 6'. I will be shocked if Ja'qurius is under 6'2"

Like I said in a earlier post that I am only around the corner from him being in Winter Haven. I plan on checking him out sometime in the near future and will get back to all with my personal information of this young man.

Love it. Thanks for the investigative work. Cant trust these sites' numbers sometimes.

Jonathon Thomas measurable where not nike verified so of course his High School will inflate them and he was the type of player needed even if we found out he was 6'. I will be shocked if Ja'qurius is under 6'2"

Awesome, hope you are right. Dont get me wrong, JT has become a solid player for us , but ultimately has safety size.

post #53, just a few above yours, linked to the Nike Football The Opening results from February 2017. Ja'qurius was measured at a flat 6'0" and 194 pounds.

post #53, just a few above yours, linked to the Nike Football The Opening results from February 2017. Ja'qurius was measured at a flat 6'0" and 194 pounds.
That's odd his Hudl is also Nike verified and has him at 6'3"...I guess only time will tell :noidea:

I'm not worried about the height. The Opening could be a typo and he looks legit in his film.

There's a pic of him with Dino, that shows he's about an inch SHORTER than Dino, IIRC.
So, there's pretty much no way he's 6'3", unless Dino was wearing his stiletto heels that day for the pic. :p

That said - clearly Dino & crew like what they see, as they offered & accepted him.

There's a pic of him with Dino, that shows he's about an inch SHORTER than Dino, IIRC.
So, there's pretty much no way he's 6'3", unless Dino was wearing his stiletto heels that day for the pic. :p

That said - clearly Dino & crew like what they see, as they offered & accepted him.

I think the picture that you're referring to is Babers and Antwuan Johnson the linebacker out of Ohio who is a little shorter.

Listen, there's no problem if he turns out to be another Jonathan Thomas. That kid is gonna be a first teamer this year unless an incoming freshman comes in and surprises

I think the picture that you're referring to is Babers and Antwuan Johnson the linebacker out of Ohio who is a little shorter.

My bad. Got them confused.
Hope to get them confused on the field in the Dome in a year or 2 as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom