Class of 2018 - OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue

I'm honestly hugely surprised Iowa State hadn't already offered him. They've seemingly offered everyone else on our offer list.

30-40 lbs in 18 months is a lot of weight to add without sacrificing some other skills. We should temper our expectations a little.

I guess maybe I meant before kickoff before his sophomore year (2019)? I'm not sure what I truly meant but yeah not what I originally wrote haha

I guess maybe I meant before kickoff before his sophomore year (2019)? I'm not sure what I truly meant but yeah not what I originally wrote haha
LoL. No worries. 15-20 lbs of good weight can be added pretty quickly. The plateau hits differently for each kid, but that level of "smart" weight is possible in 24-36 months with a body maturing at the same time.

Listen, there's no problem if he turns out to be another Jonathan Thomas. That kid is gonna be a first teamer this year unless an incoming freshman comes in and surprises

I agree, i love JT, But, let's face it, he has a safeties frame playing LB. I thought we were going big boy and trying to get more size at every position and safety and lb should be first on the list.

I agree, i love JT, But, let's face it, he has a safeties frame playing LB. I thought we were going big boy and trying to get more size at every position and safety and lb should be first on the list.

Fagan?

Go home Mizzou, ya snooze ya lose.

Yes, great point ! I get it, but these guys have a long way to go to able to play ACC fb in the run AND pass game.

Understood. Big difference I see are their frames and they can run. Proof is in the offers as far as I'm concerned. No Meles no Lynch's.

Understood. Big difference I see are their frames and they can run. Proof is in the offers as far as I'm concerned. No Meles no Lynch's.
'ey now Lynch is one of my top 5 favorite all time Cuse players

This is why people shouldn't be pissed when coaches change their mind either on a recruit.

Last edited:
Bit of an overreaction. He's never visited campus. The fact he's told other schools he's 100% committed is great. If your dream school is Florida and they offer of course it'll turn your head, there's nothing wrong with him saying that.

We got ahead early on a lot of very very solid linebacker talent. This is to be expected, in my opinion. Kid reserved his spot as he saw we were moving fast at the position. Can't blame him for wanting to earn his dream offer. If anything i like that we got this early commit despite the now continuuing uncertainty. It shows our staff is aggressive and proactive in recruiting.

This is what kills me, why you do commit unless you are 100% sure you want to go to that school. I think it's a slap in the face to the school you were coming to initially.
For some, it's just another feather in their cap. A way to possibly get that 4th, or 5th, star.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom