Class of 2016 - OLB Koby Quansah (CT) Verbal to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Koby Quansah (CT) Verbal to Duke

Offers from URI, RU and Syracuse.

In his Sophomore season, he registered 103 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, three sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in eight games.

BqIYFh7CIAAMwaM.jpg:large

5:29 PM - 14 Jun 2014
'>
Stuart M. West‏@CenLA_Tiger 12h
Congrats to 2016 LB Koby Quansah. 6'1-200 Picked up his 3rd offer. Syracuse University
1f34a.png
@AmbitiousQ15 pic.twitter.com/UvtNwnrkiw

Koby Quansah was one of numerous junior and senior prospects at the BC-USC game. Also wants to visit RU for the RU-UMD game and wants to visit Syracuse this Fall. Duke is interested but won't offer until he visits campus.

Looks like Michigan is going to be stalking us from now on. They just offered Koby.

Looks like Michigan is going to be stalking us from now on. They just offered Koby.

I guess with Harbaugh just getting back into the college level he needs to clip the heels of people he trusts so why not go after recruits that HCSS offered !!

I guess with Harbaugh just getting back into the college level he needs to clip the heels of people he trusts so why not go after recruits that HCSS offered !!
Can we offer a whole bunch of crummy guys and then pull the offer as soon as Michigan offers?

Starting to sound like it'll be tougher to land him.

Walk into the light.

I continue to be absolutely amazed by Duke's recent success on the recruiting trail. Following up last years class they already have 7 commits, 2 of them being 4 star (#32 and #125 overall nationally), and four 3 stars (per Rivlz). Amazing job by Cutcliffe.

I continue to be absolutely amazed by Duke's recent success on the recruiting trail. Following up last years class they already have 7 commits, 2 of them being 4 star (#32 and #125 overall nationally), and four 3 stars (per Rivlz). Amazing job by Cutcliffe.
I have. Buddy who is an assistant coach downs n the carolinasouth, says Duke has been the most impressive school to come calling on them. They have a DL going to Clemson from the class of 2015 for what it's worth. Says they pushed their guy to go to Duke because of how well he'd be taken care of, and how he would ben treated.

its amazing what some wins can do for a program. I have no doubt if we go 9-3 and played in an upper tier bowl or got into the ACC championship game our recruiting would take off.

Duke's current commitments are from VA, NC, SC, FL and GA.

Although I agree that Cutcliffe has done wonders for that program over his tenure a little context is important. First, he's been there since the 2008 football season as he was hired in December of 2007. During that time, and based upon what I consider to be the most legitimate recruiting ranking system and the one most referred to on this forum, his classes have been ranked as follows:

2008 - 71 (2 four star recruits)
2009 - 52 (1)
2010 - 71 (0)
2011 - 63 (0)
2012 - 63 (0)
2013 - 70 (0)
2014 - 67 (0)
2015 - 70 (1)

I fully understand that numbers signed play into overall ranking but over this seven-year period I would not say his recruiting has been amazing as compared to other P5 schools. They have behind there primary opponents just like us. They are at or equal to us in terms of recruiting ranking and I have yet to see anyone declare HCSS as an amazing recruiter.

With his southern roots, on field success and long tenure I would assume his sales pitch would pick up at some point. To this point, based upon the data, its been rather static and in the bottom half of the ACC and among P5 conference teams. Maybe 2016 is his year to have a Top 40 class although we are a long way from signing day so I will reserve judgment on this year til then.

On the field performance/coaching may be a different debate but I continue to believe his recruiting prowess is overstated and has been in this forum for the past few years as a perceived way to slight our recruiting efforts since HCSS has taken over. The numbers I look at just don't back it up.

Of course, as always, this is just my opinion.

Although I agree that Cutcliffe has done wonders for that program over his tenure a little context is important. First, he's been there since the 2008 football season as he was hired in December of 2007. During that time, and based upon what I consider to be the most legitimate recruiting ranking system and the one most referred to on this forum, his classes have been ranked as follows:

2009 - 52 (1)
2010 - 71 (0)
2011 - 63 (0)
2012 - 63 (0)
2013 - 70 (0)
2014 - 67 (0)
2015 - 70 (1)

I fully understand that numbers signed play into overall ranking but over this seven-year period I would not say his recruiting has been amazing as compared to other P5 schools. They have behind there primary opponents just like us. They are at or equal to us in terms of recruiting ranking and I have yet to see anyone declare HCSS as an amazing recruiter.

With his southern roots, on field success and long tenure I would assume his sales pitch would pick up at some point. To this point, based upon the data, its been rather static and in the bottom half of the ACC and among P5 conference teams. Maybe 2016 is his year to have a Top 40 class although we are a long way from signing day so I will reserve judgment on this year til then.

On the field performance/coaching may be a different debate but I continue to believe his recruiting prowess is overstated and has been in this forum for the past few years as a perceived way to slight our recruiting efforts since HCSS has taken over. The numbers I look at just don't back it up.

Everything you said is valid, but I think his on field success may just now have a chance to influence the recruiting. He's only had two winning seasons and been to three bowl games and those were the last two and three seasons respectively.

What's been interesting to see is a guy keeping his job at a power five school in this era after having 5 consecutive losing seasons (4 if you don't count losing the first bowl game) to start his tenure and then finally break through with two 9+ win seasons.

2009 - 52 (1)
2010 - 71 (0)
2011 - 63 (0)
2012 - 63 (0)
2013 - 70 (0)
2014 - 67 (0)
2015 - 70 (1)

What are our rankings in this same stretch, just curious. can you put them side by side?

Louie and Bouie said:
Although I agree that Cutcliffe has done wonders for that program over his tenure a little context is important. First, he's been there since the 2008 football season as he was hired in December of 2007. During that time, and based upon what I consider to be the most legitimate recruiting ranking system and the one most referred to on this forum, his classes have been ranked as follows: 2008 - 71 (2 four star recruits) 2009 - 52 (1) 2010 - 71 (0) 2011 - 63 (0) 2012 - 63 (0) 2013 - 70 (0) 2014 - 67 (0) 2015 - 70 (1) I fully understand that numbers signed play into overall ranking but over this seven-year period I would not say his recruiting has been amazing as compared to other P5 schools. They have behind there primary opponents just like us. They are at or equal to us in terms of recruiting ranking and I have yet to see anyone declare HCSS as an amazing recruiter. With his southern roots, on field success and long tenure I would assume his sales pitch would pick up at some point. To this point, based upon the data, its been rather static and in the bottom half of the ACC and among P5 conference teams. Maybe 2016 is his year to have a Top 40 class although we are a long way from signing day so I will reserve judgment on this year til then. On the field performance/coaching may be a different debate but I continue to believe his recruiting prowess is overstated and has been in this forum for the past few years as a perceived way to slight our recruiting efforts since HCSS has taken over. The numbers I look at just don't back it up. Of course, as always, this is just my opinion.

What service is that ESPN?