Class of 2019 - OLB Lee Kpogba (NC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OLB Lee Kpogba (NC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

First one from the Louisville weekend in... great land. Very excited about his upside. Exactly the type of ACC LB we need.

Has the cover skills you need from an outside backer and will be able to spy a QB, or lock down a TE/RB.
If they can get him up to 220-225lbs and keep the speed he should be a probable First Teamer by the second season.
From the rivls article:

"It seems like Syracuse has turned a corner. I think he likes the fact that, even though he won't be in North Carolina, he'll actually play in North Carolina several times a year."

Thank you, ACC.
Going 3-0 this year vs NC based teams gotta help

Welcome to Syracuse University football Young Mr. Kpogba. Work hard, sign your NLI for Syracuse University on 20Dec18 and arrive ready to earn some playing time. Go Orange!!!!!

If they can get him up to 220-225lbs and keep the speed he should be a probable First Teamer by the second season.

Going 3-0 this year vs NC based teams gotta help
Plus Carolina being a train wreck again this year and Fedora probably out the door.

Def need help on this side of the ball, love getting this kid!

I would think Lee's last name might be pronounced K-Pohg-buh. Hard K and hard P

Glad to have this young man aboard.

Now lets keep racking ‘Em up!!!

What once was the weakest part of the recruits "linebackers" may end up being the strength of it.

This is really starting to turn.
It needs to.
Next man up.
Is...?

Edit: Sorry if I missed it - Is he a possible Jan enrollee?

Last edited:
What once was the weakest part of the recruits "linebackers" may end up being the strength of it.

I agree. This year's success came at the right time, if you know what I mean.
It's almost a blessing that we have so many open spots right now.
If we can get a couple big uglies now for this class, I will be really, really happy.

https://n.ri vals.com/team_rankings/2019/all-teams/football

Rovils has updated our ratings
#75 nationally
Added K-Pow and finally evaluated the two Canadians, Both were graded high 3 stars

The recruiting is only just starting. I thing you are going to see a few good surprises before this class is said and done. Go Dino Go Orange

Last edited:
Love this pickup.

Everyone else, come join him. Saturday notwithstanding, this thing is taking off.

Loved his coaches quote from the ryvals article:

"I think he could be an immediate contributor at Syracuse," Parkland head coach Martin Samek said. "Special teams for sure, and then get in later on defense. He is such a special athlete that it'll be hard for them to keep him off the field.
"I think he'll improve on his hands and his footwork at Syracuse," he said. "They're going to do a good job of helping him there. The college game is a lot faster and everybody is a lot bigger. I'm sure he'll improve on that.

This kid could obviously be a starter from Day 1 but it's great to see a reasonable coach that understands how hard that is to do, and there's nothing wrong with taking a year to learn the game and adjust to the speed at the next level. Sets the kid up for success instead of disappointment.

https://n.ri vals.com/team_rankings/2019/all-teams/football

Rovils has updated our ratings
#75 nationally
Added K-Pow and finally evaluated the two Canadians, Both were graded high 3 stars
Remind me who the second Canadian is? Cantin-Arku and ...?

Bergeron. O-lineman.
Ah, yes. #75 seems low considering there's 2 legit 4 stars on the list, and now 3 high 3 stars. Is it because of the number of commitments?