Class of 2019 - OLB Omari Fiffer (FL) Verbal to FAMU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OLB Omari Fiffer (FL) Verbal to FAMU

If that was the case there wouldn't be over 200 offers out to 2019s already. Most of those kids haven't camped at SU and the evaluation period time frame limits the ability to see kids play live. Most of the offers that go out are from watching video.
Do you know if coaches get different video than what gets posted on hudl or do they see the same stuff we see?

Do you know if coaches get different video than what gets posted on hudl or do they see the same stuff we see?
I don't know but my guess would be the same hudl videos we post on here. You should see the kids /HS coaches tweeting at coaching staffs with their hudl videos trying to get seen.

They get more. Usually they'll request full game tapes after they see what's on a kid's Hudl. The Hudl's a good start though and gives a solid baseline. A coach wouldn't offer based on a sub-10 min video though.

They get more. Usually they'll request full game tapes after they see what's on a kid's Hudl. The Hudl's a good start though and gives a solid baseline. A coach wouldn't offer based on a sub-10 min video though.
Thanks. I thought I had heard something like that before. I suppose the criticism of cuse309 is unwarranted.

If that was the case there wouldn't be over 200 offers out to 2019s already. Most of those kids haven't camped at SU and the evaluation period time frame limits the ability to see kids play live. Most of the offers that go out are from watching video.
I never realized that. It just seems to me, that anybody's highlight tape would make them look like a D1 prospect. I'm sure in my senior year of high school, I had enough highlight plays as a running back to put together a 5 minute clip where I look awesome. Once they did some digging and realized that I was 5'8" and 150 lbs, and ran a 4.7 forty, and played horrible competition, and had awful grades, I'm guessing they'd pass. Come to think of it, I probably could have been offered by G-Rob...maybe I was a diamond in the rough.

Exactly. The fans are only seeing part of the recruiting. Only thing we can rely on is highlight film. The coaches do extensive evaluations, but the first glimse of the highlight have to pop out to them before anything else is done. I tell kids all the time. I should be able to tell you if your a D1 player after watching the first 2 mins of the film. Our coaches have to determine if the kid can play at ACC level and do they fit in the scheme?

How good is this kid? I plead the fif! One, two, three, fo, fif!
aa25c0ecac64e91ce23f4a346c5a9b40.gif

Can't be visiting SU because it's the Dead Period, Hasn't posted an official offer yet either.

Remind anyone else a bit of Devon Clarke’s recruitment?

He looks like a great player on film. He's one of the Jacksonville areas best players but man he's small. At 6-0 197 he can't possibly play linebacker. Is he just a real athletic physical roster player? The kid looks like he'd be a terror on special teams. Would love to know where Boston College projects him.

I'm skeptical he has a committable offer.

Here's his combine results from the Blue-Gray in Jacksonville

Omari Fiffer
LB / DB
6′ 0″ 197
40 = 4.7
Broad Jump = 18’10”
Shuttle = 4.75

Last edited:
He looks like a great player on film. He's one of the Jacksonville areas best players but man he's small. At 6-0 190 he can't possibly play linebacker. Is he just a real athletic physical roster player? The kid looks like he'd be a terror on special teams. Would love to know where Boston College projects him.
He may have some academic work to do to qualify. The only Official Offers he posted were for Southern Miss and Georgia Southern. There was a post for USF but it didn't look like and Official offer but I might be wrong.

He may have some academic work to do to qualify. The only Official Offers he posted were for Southern Miss and Georgia Southern. There was a post for USF but it didn't look like and Official offer but I might be wrong.

I just updated combine numbers from him in January. Not great. Unless he slipped, the shuttle is a red flag imo.

He looks like a great player on film. He's one of the Jacksonville areas best players but man he's small. At 6-0 197 he can't possibly play linebacker. Is he just a real athletic physical roster player? The kid looks like he'd be a terror on special teams. Would love to know where Boston College projects him.

I'm skeptical he has a committable offer.

Here's his combine results from the Blue-Gray in Jacksonville

Omari Fiffer
LB / DB
6′ 0″ 197
40 = 4.7
Broad Jump = 18’10”
Shuttle = 4.75

Could maybe play nickel or cb but would need to get his speed up. Thats trainable though. I agree, at this time I don’t see him as a true linebacker but he could be an impact on ST

Back break for him but maybe now he can concentrate on his academics for collage as well as his getting back in shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom