Class of 2019 - OLB Omari Fiffer (FL) Verbal to FAMU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OLB Omari Fiffer (FL) Verbal to FAMU

Nothing to do with this specific recruit, but man I love these kids names.

Wow, this young man just is a heat seeking missile on the field...he is fast and takes great angles to the ball and when he hits there are no yards after. Would love to get this guy early.

I like this one a lot. 1:34 mark he's wrong armed, jumps around the guard and gets into the next gap before the ball. That is quick.

Oh my, I am in agreement here...I like this film. Keep after him as I think he will be blowing up with offers.

Fiffer has pinned his offer tweet from Syracuse to the top of his twitter page. Who knows he might be the first for the 2019 class.

6.‏ @OmariFiffer 2h2 hours ago
In love with the SCHOOL. Might be an early commitment
1f34a.png

1 reply1 retweet9 likes

Wow, this young man just is a heat seeking missile on the field...he is fast and takes great angles to the ball and when he hits there are no yards after. Would love to get this guy early.
Great observation. Yeah, this kid is good.

I've come to realize that about 90% of the people on here, like about 95% of the films they see. I don't often hear, "nah...this kids film sucks."...that is unless he commits to Rutgers...then we don't like the film.

I've come to realize that about 90% of the people on here, like about 95% of the films they see. I don't often hear, "nah...this kids film sucks."...that is unless he commits to Rutgers...then we don't like the film.
Do you think the coaches would have offered them if their hudl videos were no good?

That’s why I never comment on film... I’m a soccer coach. I have no idea what I’m looking for in a football player’s tape. To me, they always look great. So I leave it to our board experts.

In CuseFan football savants I trust.

You are not going to hear that. Its a fan board. People dont want to hear negative. There's a lot of offeree's/commits films I do not like but Im not going to say it on here. I want fans to be optimistic. When you are unimpressed with film, Its one of those things that you keep to yourself.

That’s why I never comment on film... I’m a soccer coach. I have no idea what I’m looking for in a football player’s tape. To me, they always look great. So I leave it to our board experts.

In CuseFan football savants I trust.
When you watch highlights long enough. You start to see the difference in quality. You start to compare film of other players you watched. Ones you like and didnt like.

Last edited:

When I don’t like film I’ll keep it to myself (or at least try) because I don’t want to upset a parent or kid who might be reading the board. Not fair to the staff if their fan board is putting kids down. Especially considering it’s just an opinion and not my job to be right.

I might offer up an opinion if the kid goes elsewhere but then construed as sour grapes.

You know the old adage, “if you don’t have anything good to say ...”

Last edited:
When I don’t like film I’ll keep it to myself (or at least try) because I don’t want to upset a parent or kid who might be reading the board. Not fair to the staff if their fan board is putting kids down. Especially considering it’s just an opinion and not my job to be right.

Might offer up an opinion if the kid goes elsewhere but then construed as sour grapes.

You know the old adage, “if you don’t have anything good to say ...”
Well said.

Do you think the coaches would have offered them if their hudl videos were no good?
I'm guessing coaches don't offer based on a players highlight film.

If they aren't offering off of a player's film, what else would they use to offer?
I think he means highlights aren't necessarily enough. A lot of mediocre players can make themselves look better by picking the right highlights. You could offer after seeing him in person or after he camps. I think a lot of our recent commits were offered after camping with us.

I would say it depends on the player. For some guys it doesn't take much to see they're special. Maybe that's the case here.

Nice film against fairy good competetion. Looks explosive and comes down hill at lb. I like it. Drives through tackles and sheds defenders and still makes the play. Would be a great addition.

Workouts at camp, and watching them play live.
If that was the case there wouldn't be over 200 offers out to 2019s already. Most of those kids haven't camped at SU and the evaluation period time frame limits the ability to see kids play live. Most of the offers that go out are from watching video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom