Class of 2016 - OLB Will Harper (GA) Decommitted / Verbal to Tulane | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OLB Will Harper (GA) Decommitted / Verbal to Tulane

interesting decommit considering he had a Bowling Green offer.
He didn't have a Bowling Green offer, I don't think. Riivals lists one, yes, but 2 4 7 and Skowt do not.

I figured the H Back thing would cause issues. We went heavy recruiting that position.

Fact is even Strickland and Philips aren't suited to play tailback.
According to who?

I think Strickland can handle the RB just fine. With 10-15 more pounds Erv could also...BGSU's 5'10" 189lb Travis Greene looks pretty dam good at RB.

RMH44 said:
According to who? I think Strickland can handle the RB just fine. With 10-15 more pounds Erv could also...BGSU's 5'10" 189lb Travis Greene looks pretty dam good at RB.

According to his dad.

And Erv isn't adding 10-15 more pounds. He added about that much before last season. Maybe he adds a little more, but not much more.

According to his dad.

And Erv isn't adding 10-15 more pounds. He added about that much before last season. Maybe he adds a little more, but not much more.
Who's dad?

I'm not suggesting that the RB spot is perfect for Erv, who is currently listed at 6'0" 181. If he could get over the 190 mark, I'd think he'd be fine. I'm not suggesting that he'd hold-up as an every down type back but he could be a decent situational player.

I think we'll see him entrenched in the slot.

RMH44 said:
Who's dad? I'm not suggesting that the RB spot is perfect for Erv, who is currently listed at 6'0" 181. If he could get over the 190 mark, I'd think he'd be fine. I'm not suggesting that he'd hold-up as an every down type back but he could be a decent situational player. I think we'll see him entrenched in the slot.

Strickland's dad. Thinks he is/was best suited to play H Back, not tailback.

RMH44 said:
Who's dad? I'm not suggesting that the RB spot is perfect for Erv, who is currently listed at 6'0" 181. If he could get over the 190 mark, I'd think he'd be fine. I'm not suggesting that he'd hold-up as an every down type back but he could be a decent situational player. I think we'll see him entrenched in the slot.

Situational player, sure. Always felt that way.

Can never have enough good athletes.

Strickland's dad. Thinks he is/was best suited to play H Back, not tailback.
I didn't know his dad felt that way. As a true freshman DS is already 194lbs. He could easily put on 10-15 pounds between now and fall ball. It would be awesome to have a home run threat in the backfield.

I didn't know his dad felt that way. As a true freshman DS is already 194lbs. He could easily put on 10-15 pounds between now and fall ball. It would be awesome to have a home run threat in the backfield.

We also shouldn't forget that Strickland is very good on the defensive side of the ball as well. They'll be a place for him regardless.

Move the XB's to WR, move one to RB (Neal, Perkins?) and just worry about getting your 5 best athletes on the field. This offense is set up to succeed as long as you have playmakers on the outside. Additions like Tisdale, Burgess and/or Stewart will only sweeten the pot

Who's dad?

I'm not suggesting that the RB spot is perfect for Erv, who is currently listed at 6'0" 181. If he could get over the 190 mark, I'd think he'd be fine. I'm not suggesting that he'd hold-up as an every down type back but he could be a decent situational player.

I think we'll see him entrenched in the slot.

I can see Erv as a perfect Edelman type of slot. These types of WR's can just pile up stats.

I can see Erv as a perfect Edelman type of slot. These types of WR's can just pile up stats.

I agree with that completely. I hope he spends the off season on a jugs machine. If he can improve his hands, he'll be very dangerous in the slot.