Class of 2023 - OLB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/22) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OLB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivals havent rated Goddard. He commits to SU and 40 mins later he's a 2 star. They didnt evaluate him at all. Smh

Not defending them, but I thought I read something years ago that if they haven't evaluated a player, they will still rate them a 2-star if that player commits. then they will go evaluate and re-rate.

I have him in my top 5 for NYS. He should be in everyone's top 5 for NYS. It is a shame politics and background affect some of the people who make these lists.

Yes, he is fast, and hits hard, has a great nose for the ball, fights off blocks really well and is otherwise really technically advanced for a HS senior. But the thing that makes he really special is how strong he is for his size.

He is probably stronger than any of the LBs we have on our roster and our LB corp is one of the big in the ACC.

He is what Mikel Jones might be after his senior year of college, which is probably not going to happen because he is going to be so sought after by NFL teams after his junior season.

That strength and advanced technique will allow him, I think, to play immediately on the college level. I believe he would help us from day 1 at MIKE, WILL or DE.

We rarely get players like this at Syracuse.

The other nice thing here is that ZMG attends Iona Prep, one of the best programs in the state.

Ellis Robinson IV is from Iona Prep. He is a HS AA level CB who I have rated as the best player in the state for the class of 2024. So is Jaylin Hicks, another class of 2024 player who plays DT. I have him rated as the 6th best player in the state for that class. Both have Syracuse offers.

And if you look at the class of 2025, I have Rowan Byrne as the top player in NYS in that class. He is a DT, has a Syracuse offer and is another Iona Prep guy.

As is ATH Terron Johnson, who is already one of the fastest players in the state. I have him ranked as the 6th best prospect from NYS in the class of 2025.

So that is 5 top 10 players in the next 3 classes of players from the state. Let's hope ZMG is as good recruiting as he is tackling ball carriers.
I look forward to your NY rankings. It will be nice to see us with guys at the top of that list this year.

0F9816DC-431D-4091-B054-C3DD7BB0FB6A.png

Not defending them, but I thought I read something years ago that if they haven't evaluated a player, they will still rate them a 2-star if that player commits. then they will go evaluate and re-rate.
rivals is all over the place. They may or may not re evaluate. Most of the time they don't.

This is not a bummer; but really, I like to have a stud on offense and on defense that hopefully will help recruit other players.

I don't think ZMG ends up as a LB. I'm just not sure he is fast enough as far as straight line top end speed to go sideline to sideline I love him on the DL though and I see him playing there. In our 3 man front he'd be a great strongside guy or could play inside some if he gains enough weight. Certainly has the build to carry weight effectively.
I would take another look at his film CbusCuse. He covers sideline - sideline very well, IMHO.
Also you don't give the ball to him if he's slow. He scored 9 TDS at 6' 2" 245.

Huge win. This kids a 4 star if he’s out of the midwest or FL. Good job.
Trueblue25... I believe, after watching his tape a number of times and comparing that to four star players we've been recruiting that he's a four star from wherever, in his case NYS.

The highest rated player who just committed to PED ST Tyriq Blanding is also a three star. Someone's blind at the recruiting sites or doesn't evaluate talent that well.

The recruiting sites need to improve a great deal, IMO.

Trueblue25... I believe, after watching his tape a number of times and comparing that to four star players we've been recruiting that he's a four star from wherever, in his case NYS.

The highest rated player who just committed to PED ST Tyriq Blanding is also a three star. Someone's blind at the recruiting sites or doesn't evaluate talent that well.

The recruiting sites need to improve a great deal, IMO.
Hey at the end of the day we know who we got. He’s going to do big things for us. Can’t believe we somehow got a stronger version of Marlowe, who’s already a moose

I would take another look at his film CbusCuse. He covers sideline - sideline very well, IMHO.
Also you don't give the ball to him if he's slow. He scored 9 TDS at 6' 2" 245.
My bad. Typo on my part. I meant to type Perry and not ZMG. You were saying you were thinking both of them may be LB’s but I think Perry ends up a DL. Very happy to have both commits though no matter where they play. And ZMG is very much a great LB prospect.

I have been on this kid since the day we offered. I said he was as good as any 4* that I had checked out. Could not believe that he wasn't one. Like I said whatever he hits will see more than 4 stars. lol Also happy for the families of these NY kids that their parents will be close enough to go see most if not all the home games. Go SU

Its the one downside to having this great board. Not enough subscribers on either site for them to rate our players higher.
Well not for nothing, even when we had this board on Rivals, and then Scout (now 247) it was the same BS.

We just haven't had a homer involved in the regional site rankings like Rutgers, Pitt and BC have had at the 2 sites and I think that's part of the frustration with the whole system. Anyone doing regional rankings should not have an affiliation with any school in that region, let alone actually working on a Rivals or 247 site for a school in the region prior to becoming the regional analyst. It's like auditing your own company because you're a CPA.

He sounds like Zaire Franklin redux-Must be something with the letter Z at the front of the name.

Agreed 144%.

Our LB captains - Zaire, Mikel, and now likely ZMG at some point in the future.
Great college football players, even better leaders and people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom