Class of 2023 - OLB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/22) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OLB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And bigger than any 3 of our current starters at LB

Similar size to Kenneth Ruff when he was recruited and he blew up, not saying thats the plan w ZMG
ZMG needs to shed weight while adding strength. Dont want him over 240 unless he has a high level of mobility and stamina at that size. If he starts getting in that 260 range he is going to end up playing on D line like Ruff did. He already has a similar physique.

Last edited:
# ZYIAN MOULTRIE - GODDARD 2023 IONA PREP, NEW ROCHELLE, NY
6' 0" 240 // AS JR. 104 TCKLS, 25 TFL, 4.5 SCKS, 302 YDS R, 7.4 YPC, 9TD
BP 335 PR, SQ 475 PR///// NYCHSFL DEFENSIVE POY 2022

I bellieve ZMG is fine at his HT and WT. 6' 2" 245 is the standard for linebackers in the NFL. The way he plays in his film is extraordinary for an upcoming senior in HS.

He has a very intelligent head on his shoulders and I can't wait to see him play LB for us with his speed aggression and strength. If you watch his film again you will see just how strong he is. But I'll bet he'll be in the weight room not the dinner table. He knows his path and that includes speed and strength.

Since NFL Linebackers and EDGE players are worth more if they can drop into pass coverage to break up passes or intercept them and cover WR's and RB's or scak the QB, I suggested in an earlier post that he try to improve his 40 which is already quick but he needs to be in the 4.4's to compete with other LB candidates at the combine, (if that's where he's headed).

A good way to build muscle and increase speed is with a running or speed parachute.

How Running Parachutes Work

The nylon parachutes attach to a harness around your waist or your chest and then expand as you speed up.

An example of a great linebacker who just joined the Rams from the Seahawks is Bobby Wagner who signed a 5 year deal for $65 M.

He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.46 seconds and recorded a 39-1/2-inch vertical and 11-foot broad jump. He completed the short shuttle in 4.24 seconds, did the three-cone drill in 7.03 seconds and did 24 bench presses at 225.

Wagner's playing HT and WT is 6' 240.

Last edited:
Dominates a Jersey power and Dohn will pretend to be blind
He’s a really good looking prospect. If we get to a point where we’re a regular top 25 team again, I wonder if we’ll start to see any boost in rankings from the services from solid regional prospects like him that are obviously undervalued. Rivals has him as a 5.4 2 star for example (complete joke).

Last edited:
We have a lot of underrated guys in this class but Zyian is the most underrated in my opinion. Not often you see a LB with game ready size and athleticism straight out of high school. He’s going to be great in Orange, and having him rated as a 2 star is laughable

We have a lot of underrated guys in this class but Zyian is the most underrated in my opinion. Not often you see a LB with game ready size and athleticism straight out of high school. He’s going to be great in Orange, and having him rated as a 2 star is laughable
Saw him play yesterday against Stepanic on MSG. In a game full of D1 prospects, he was the best athlete on the field.

He has the same look and characteristics of the SU starting LBs. I think he will fit right in. Big, strong, fast and versatile.

Saw him play yesterday against Stepanic on MSG. In a game full of D1 prospects, he was the best athlete on the field.

He has the same look and characteristics of the SU starting LBs. I think he will fit right in. Big, strong, fast and versatile.

And - a great leader and person.

Next in the line after Z and Kel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online