Old School Wrestling Fans | Syracusefan.com

Old School Wrestling Fans

two3zone

RIP Shark58
If you like old school wrestling, late 80s - early 00s WWE or WCW 90s till they were sold there are two excellent pod casts out there hosted by Conrad Thompson.

The WWE one is Bruce Prichard's show, he was the guy who played Brother Love and was big time behind the scenes during his time there, pretty much Vince's right hand man. I've gone through all the episodes and they are awesome, a lot of tidbits I never knew about nor I don't think anybody knew about. New episode every Friday.

The WCW one is with Tony Schiavone, there are only 2 episodes from Tony so far but they'll be out every Monday.

I haven't watched wrestling in well over a decade but I was really into it back in the day in my teens, these are A+++ podcasts and I always listen when a new one comes out, I think any old school wrestling fan will enjoy them as much as I do.

If you like Jim Cornette, his podcast is good too. He goes on political rants, though. I am considered a "friend of the show" for both the 6:05 Superpodcast as well as Cornette's show.

If you like Jim Cornette, his podcast is good too. He goes on political rants, though. I am considered a "friend of the show" for both the 6:05 Superpodcast as well as Cornette's show.

I've listened to a couple of his, I really liked him as a manager, and when I say like I mean hated because he was great at what he did. But for some reason his pod is slow moving for me and he just goes back and forth too much for me to be a regular listener.

It probably has to do with I'm just pretty much done with politics and almost any political talk in any forum whether here, at a bar, on the radio, or talking to friends.

I've listened to a couple of his, I really liked him as a manager, and when I say like I mean hated because he was great at what he did. But for some reason his pod is slow moving for me and he just goes back and forth too much for me to be a regular listener.

It probably has to do with I'm just pretty much done with politics and almost any political talk in any forum whether here, at a bar, on the radio, or talking to friends.

I understand that. I am also a MLW subscriber for $1.99 a month, which gets me his weekly show where it's just him answering listener's questions (The Drive-Thru). That show is better as it's almost all wrestling.

I understand that. I am also a MLW subscriber for $1.99 a month, which gets me his weekly show where it's just him answering listener's questions (The Drive-Thru). That show is better as it's almost all wrestling.

I will look into that, I'd love to hear a Q/A with him.

I will look into that, I'd love to hear a Q/A with him.

It was just announced that the Drive Thru is going to be free of charge starting, I believe, next week. It's just straight up answering listeners' questions. All wrestling, no politics.

old school to me still means Édouard Carpentier , Killer Kowalski, andre the giant and mad dog vachon.

SteelePosed-Credit-Wrestling-Revue.jpg

the legend himself george "the animal" steele.

Bruce seems to be loosening up a little bit and not as tight lipped as he was.

Interesting stuff in these pods.

Don't know about anyone else, but I've subscribed to the Wrestling Observer for close to a decade. It covers the waterfront with both print and broadcast content. As a subscriber, you have access to the entire library, including interviews with all the greats, from Bruno to the Animal to pretty much anybody you can think of. It's a steal. I know there have to be other subscribers on this board.

BTW, My first rasslin' memory was 'Ray Fabiani's Mat Time', which included stars like Johnny Valentine, the original 'Nature Boy' Buddy Rogers, and many others. Fabiani was a fascinating character. A violinist and opera buff, who promoted both high-brow opera and low-brow pro rasslin' in Philly. Loved his Saturday TV, and it got me hooked.

Last edited:
The WWE Network is incredible! I watched Superstars and later Raw almost every week as a kid, but only rarely watched the PPVs. I saw a few Wrestlemanias live and used to rent the VCR tapes of others. I'm finally getting to see so many events that I knew about but never saw.

Same with WCW ...I used to watch Nitro heavily, but never once saw a PPV. I'm loving this.

The WWE Network is incredible! I watched Superstars and later Raw almost every week as a kid, but only rarely watched the PPVs. I saw a few Wrestlemanias live and used to rent the VCR tapes of others. I'm finally getting to see so many events that I knew about but never saw.

Same with WCW ...I used to watch Nitro heavily, but never once saw a PPV. I'm loving this.

I haven't subscribed yet but the reviews and your post think are going to put me over the edge. I could probably start over and watch mid 80s wrestling up until 2000 again and enjoy it just as much.

Just need to find a NWO shirt or a Austin 3:16 shirt to wear and I'll be happy.

I haven't subscribed yet but the reviews and your post think are going to put me over the edge. I could probably start over and watch mid 80s wrestling up until 2000 again and enjoy it just as much.

LOL, almost everything's on there. PPVs, Saturday Night Main Events, Raws, Nitro's, etc.

It's definitely worth picking up for a couple months at least.

Might as well try it for the free month at least.

The WWE Network has incredible churn. People subscribe, often for free, and then drop off. I think it's a question of how much time anybody has for rasslin' content. Especially with a 3-hour Raw and Smackdown on over-the-air TV.

WWE then gives Wrestlemania away for free to new subscribers b/c it needs the subscription number to be artificially inflated for their April conference call. The rest of the year sees a steady erosion of subscribers until the 'Road to Wrestlemania' starts building in January.

Having said that, the network is sort-of a wash with what came before. What has been lost in pay-per-view sales has pretty much been made up with the subscription base. However, all the new content costs money to produce.

I don't know how ive missed this thread. Huge wrestling fan still. Actually flew to Orlando for WrestleMania this year, which was incredible.

The network really is the best thing they have ever come out with. Doesn't matter how long ago you were a fan or still are, it hits all decades with the amount of content on it.

I don't know how ive missed this thread. Huge wrestling fan still. Actually flew to Orlando for WrestleMania this year, which was incredible.

The network really is the best thing they have ever come out with. Doesn't matter how long ago you were a fan or still are, it hits all decades with the amount of content on it.

I need to make it to a Mania one year. I've done the Rumble, Summerslam, NXT at Brooklyn, but never Mania. Maybe New Orleans...

I just cancelled my subscription today. Instead I will split my $10 a month and send it to two of my favorite wrestling podcasts via Patreon.

I need to make it to a Mania one year. I've done the Rumble, Summerslam, NXT at Brooklyn, but never Mania. Maybe New Orleans...
So funny enough I've been a fan for probably 25+ years and had never been to anything other then a house show. So this was my first live taping and of any live taping to see, it was mania. But I would absolutely recommend it

The WWWF created him a title of, I think, United States Heavyweight Champion, in order to attract black fans. I can hear the announcer now, "From Benton Harbor MICHigan...".

OK, kids, did some research. The title was indeed created for him. The title was active from 1963 to 1976. Brazil was both the first and last champion, and held the title for probably 90% of the time. For you completists:

WWWF United States Heavyweight Championship - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom