Oline was awesome today… | Syracusefan.com

Oline was awesome today…

McNabb2Brominski

All Conference
Only gave up 1 sack (barely) and 1 QB hurry. Great job containing the edges which allowed Shrader to take off on those runs. Good pass protection which allowed Shrader to go thru his reads and made some nice throws. FSU’s dline isn’t terrible, it was an impressive showing.

nothing but good things will happen when you allow your playmaker QB time to make plays. Gives me hope going forward that we do not have a dumpster fire offense.

Only gave up 1 sack (barely) and 1 QB hurry. Great job containing the edges which allowed Shrader to take off on those runs. Good pass protection which allowed Shrader to go thru his reads and made some nice throws. FSU’s dline isn’t terrible, it was an impressive showing.

nothing but good things will happen when you allow your playmaker QB time to make plays. Gives me hope going forward that we do not have a dumpster fire offense.
Elmore was the help

Too bad tisdale went down and Davis looks banged up. Hope they can glue it together

The OL and DL are why it feels like we’re in every game.

side note: I’m pro-awarding guys an extra year of eligibility on into infinity. It might be the thing that helps with parity, IMHO

Davis looks like he might still be dealing with something. Tisdale's injury looked BAD.

Yeah I don’t expect to see Tisdale for a long time, maybe season ending. Bleich is quietly having a great year. On one of GS TDs in the red zone bleich came across and sealed and man handled the FSU DL to open a perfect hole for our guy.

OL was outstanding. 1st half we pounded the ball with Tucker and still got a good push when FSU was fresh. Once they were worn down a bit in the 2H that's when we started breaking off the big runs. I don't think it's a coincidence, but solid OL played help wear down a pretty talented DL.

Bergeron and Bleich have both been great. The addition of Davis was icing on the cake. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

It’s amazing how much better line looks when QB doesn’t hold the ball too long.
They played very well. I feel good about 4 of the 5 spots.
It's basically the same group of players (+ Bleich) getting way better results. I think a large portion of that is the OL coaching change. I agree it is reasonable to also factor in QB play.

Yeah I don’t expect to see Tisdale for a long time, maybe season ending. Bleich is quietly having a great year. On one of GS TDs in the red zone bleich came across and sealed and man handled the FSU DL to open a perfect hole for our guy.
Yepp. All 6 guys played well on the line, yesterday. Good to see. Schmidt is the real deal.

Its nice to finally have some confidence with this group.

I didn't get a good look at Tisdale's injury, but I get the feeling it wasn't a glancing blow. Let's hope we have the depth this year to withstand it. Snapping was much better and there were what, maybe 2 penalties on the O line all day?

I didn't get a good look at Tisdale's injury, but I get the feeling it wasn't a glancing blow. Let's hope we have the depth this year to withstand it. Snapping was much better and there were what, maybe 2 penalties on the O line all day?
He was on the bottom of the pile, with his knee in a compromising position. It seemed the weight of the pile may have been pushing it in ways it did not want to go. Hope not.