OMG Todd MkShay what a | Syracusefan.com

OMG Todd MkShay what a

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Just picked WVU in our bowl game. Said SU hasn't played great away from home and are in the 90's in pass efficiency defensively.

PSSSSHHH okay Todd you know nothing.

Okay, I'm bored. But admit it, I got you guys. Yes, this is in response to so many threads that start when people get so upset when others pick/do something anti-cuse :cool:

Let's go orange. Is a spread out yet (could be a dumb question, but I don't bet on sports)?

Just picked WVU in our bowl game. Said SU hasn't played great away from home and are in the 90's in pass efficiency defensively.

PSSSSHHH okay Todd you know nothing.

Okay, I'm bored. But admit it, I got you guys. Yes, this is in response to so many threads that start when people get so upset when others pick/do something anti-cuse :cool:

Let's go orange. Is a spread out yet (could be a dumb question, but I don't bet on sports)?
Spread's WVU -4, Over/Under is 73.5

Out of 35 bowls, he picked WV as a 20 in his confidence pool.

I don't pay too much attention to this kind of stuff, but if the comments are true it shows a bit of a lack of homework, no? WVU is No. 119 in the nation in pass efficiency defense and is 2-2 in true road games while SU is No. 93 and 2-2 . . . and SU is 3-3 in true road games and 3-4 overall away from the Dome. Pretty flimsy reasoning.

I don't pay too much attention to this kind of stuff, but if the comments are true it shows a bit of a lack of homework, no? WVU is No. 119 in the nation in pass efficiency defense and is 2-2 in true road games while SU is No. 93 and 2-2 . . . and SU is 3-3 in true road games and 3-4 overall away from the Dome. Pretty flimsy reasoning.

The question that needs to be asked is, is the Big12 passing offenses in part a product of the lack of defense in much of the league or are the defensive numbers a product of playing so many great offenses. Half of that conference is below 100th in pass defense and KSt is 90th. On the other hand half the conference is in the top 10 in pass offense.

The question that needs to be asked is, is the Big12 passing offenses in part a product of the lack of defense in much of the league or are the defensive numbers a product of playing so many great offenses. Half of that conference is below 100th in pass defense and KSt is 90th. On the other hand half the conference is in the top 10 in pass offense.

I'm probably being optimistic, but since our only head to head frame of reference is ksu two years ago, I'm going with the assumption that Big 12 pass defense is non existent.

If the offensively challenged 2010 team could put up points against ksu, I'm looking forward to seeing what this team can do. Especially since we really have a multiple offense.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

We will know soon enough. Even if WVU was playing against "air," 42 points per game and 550+ yards/game looks pretty damn productive.

Besides USC where we sold out to stop the deep pass, our D has been pathetic in the air. This game scares the hell out of me. WV can put up 70 points in a blink of an eye. They have a ton of speed like nothing we have seen. This isn't last year. They have plenty of time to prepare for what we ran in the past and will not be overlooking us so much. We need to get off to a good start and get in their heads. If we get off to the poor start that we normally do, we will never catch up. The smart play is to pick WV here. I am surprised that the line is so close.

Besides USC where we sold out to stop the deep pass, our D has been pathetic in the air. This game scares the hell out of me. WV can put up 70 points in a blink of an eye. They have a ton of speed like nothing we have seen. This isn't last year. They have plenty of time to prepare for what we ran in the past and will not be overlooking us so much. We need to get off to a good start and get in their heads. If we get off to the poor start that we normally do, we will never catch up. The smart play is to pick WV here. I am surprised that the line is so close.

As much as WVU could roll over SU's D, SU's O can just as easily roll over their D. And our D is better than theirs. Just ask Geno.

I tend to pay more attention to the guys who focus on college football. McShay focuses on NFL draft potential. Not going to get the best analysis of a bowl game there. But if there are any seniors, he can tell you what round he projects them in.

I agree.

This game is scary due to WVU's ability to score from anywhere on the field.

We have to tackle well in the open field - have to pressure the QB and of course have to win the TO battle.

Master of the obvious - eh?

Agreed.
I see it more as a momentum game for WVU.
They were extremely shaky midseason, but bounced back and played better their last few games.
Either way its gonna be a shoot-out and I can see them outscoring us more than anything else.
Tavon Austin vs Alec Lemon will be worth the price of admission.

I agree.

This game is scary due to WVU's ability to score from anywhere on the field.

We have to tackle well in the open field - have to pressure the QB and of course have to win the TO battle.

Master of the obvious - eh?
Is BJ Daniels still the best QB we play this year or is it Geno Smith now?

Big 12 vs non conf
http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/leader/25354/team/offense/split08/category02/sort01.html
Big 12 vs conf
http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/leader/25354/team/offense/split07/category02/sort01.html

not that different. maybe they played garbage OOC and it shows that big 12 defense stink too

I haven't made up my mind about this but i think that these offenses are so good that their defenses learn nothing getting torched by them all day. i'll reuse an analogy, i don't think I would learn very much fighting Fedor everyday. i'd just turtle up, cry, and pray for the sweet release of death.

WVU obviously has a great offense, but Syracuse has a very good offense and WVU has a terrible defense. Against teams not named James Madison or Kansas, they are giving up 43.5 points and 506 yards per game. Yes, the Big 12 is a great offensive conference, but that is putrid. There's no reason why the Syracuse offense can't move the ball all day against them.

What is Syracuse points per game allowed statistic?

WV is 7th nationally in scoring. We were 52nd in points allowed. Our opponents thus far have been:

#37 USC
#42 NW
#47 Cincy
#47 Louisville
#72 Pitt
#81 Mizzou
#85 Temple
#91 RU
#97 Minny
#104 USF
#118 UConn

WV is like nothing we have seen all year. It may be hard to prepare for a big league O when you have played minor league Os all year. On top of that we haven't really fared all to well in PPG against those minor league Os.

This game is somewhat a toss-up if you neglect homerism. WVU's offense is great. They'll put up points unless we control the flow of the game. Tavon Austin is better than Devine was imo. We will be able to run and pass on these guys, but sustained drives may mess with WVUs rythym a bit. I hate changing up our offense to do tthat though because it causes issues with our own rythym. We stall out consistently in drives that take longer than 4 minutes. But score often in drives less than that. That plays well into this being a shootout. Our defense has it's work cutout for them, but if they can be effective in the first half, this game is over. We need one solid half from our defense. 30 solid minutes. This is going to be fun to watch.

Baylor put 63 on WVU. Baylor has a good offense, but I think our offense can be just as good as Baylor's. WVU's defense is TERRIBLE. Their offense is elite, but we need somebody on the DL to play like Chandler Jones did last year. Chandler KILLED WVU's offensive line last year and got to know Geno Smith really well. We need Sharpe to go out on a bang. I think as long as we don't turn the ball over I really like our chances to win. WVU's defense is the worst non-Kansas defense in that conference by far and away. If the defense gets 2 stops a half we win if not we lose.

WV is 7th nationally in scoring. We were 52nd in points allowed. Our opponents thus far have been:

#37 USC
#42 NW
#47 Cincy
#47 Louisville
#72 Pitt
#81 Mizzou
#85 Temple
#91 RU
#97 Minny
#104 USF
#118 UConn

WV is like nothing we have seen all year. It may be hard to prepare for a big league O when you have played minor league Os all year. On top of that we haven't really fared all to well in PPG against those minor league Os.

I'd think we were in big trouble if we'd never played them before but luckily for us we have.

Their offense was just as prolific last year and we stoned them. They only scored 10 less points all last year and had about 100 less yards so it's not like their offense this year is some tsunami that is going to overwhelm everything in front of it.

I just don't think the Big 12 plays defense.

WVU also gives up 38 ppg.

Is BJ Daniels still the best QB we play this year or is it Geno Smith now?

I don't know yet.

As I recall BJ rushed for over 130 yards and threw for nearly 200 yards against the Orange.

As I recall he led USF to a 23-3 lead at halftime and without the USF TOs would probably have won the game.

He was the most effective dual threat QB we faced this year.

I suspect that he runs better than Geno and has less talent around him than Geno at the skill positions - so he may be.

Questions for your since you seem very keen on my observations - and very responsive to them.

When did you graduate from SU? How long have you followed SU Football or college football?

Thanks.

We just need to score score and score again. I dont care if this game (actually it would be entertaining to see) is 65-62.
Score TD's and dont kick FG's. I dont see us being able to stop them and I dont see them being able to stop us. Dont turn it over or give up any big special team plays and we should be in for a great game.

With that said it probably will be a 10-7 snoozefest.

I don't know yet.

As I recall BJ rushed for over 130 yards and threw for nearly 200 yards against the Orange.

As I recall he led USF to a 23-3 lead at halftime and without the USF TOs would probably have won the game.

He was the most effective dual threat QB we faced this year.

I suspect that he runs better than Geno and has less talent around him than Geno at the skill positions - so he may be.

Questions for your since you seem very keen on my observations - and very responsive to them.

When did you graduate from SU? How long have you followed SU Football or college football?

Thanks.

you really should learn to laugh about the bj daniels stuff. everyone in the world but you thinks he's terrible. the 500 yards he gets you on the ground is just not worth the disastrous passing

We just need to score score and score again. I dont care if this game (actually it would be entertaining to see) is 65-62.
Score TD's and dont kick FG's. I dont see us being able to stop them and I dont see them being able to stop us. Dont turn it over or give up any big special team plays and we should be in for a great game.

With that said it probably will be a 10-7 snoozefest.

I agree that they will not be able to stop us. But then again no team has been able to stop us this year. We always find ways to stop ourselves with penalties, TOs, etc. We need to play a good game to keep up with them. They can play poorly and still score 40 points.

I think people are giving Todd McShay too much credit for his thoughts on the game. He looked at the game, picked WVU, and then asked the ESPN Stats Department for two facts that support the pick. This isn't the National Championship game. It's one of 35 bowl games and has minimal interest nationally. He's just doing his job.