Once again-- Can't wait to watch bulked-up Jesse | Syracusefan.com

Once again-- Can't wait to watch bulked-up Jesse

Time and score matters when comparing things like this.

Edwards has potential though.
I don’t disagree with your point. But Sidibe has fouled out in 4 of the last 5 games now, and his playing time has constantly been limited by foul trouble all year. The problem seems to be getting worse, as he fouled out after only 11 minutes of PT against Louisville. And when he was in, he played matador defense.

Sidibe - Only 2 PTS, 5 REB, 0 BLK and 5 PF in 11 minutes of PT
Edwards - 7 PTS, 3 REB, 2 BLK and 1 PF in 8 minutes of PT

Is Edwards ready for more PT at this point in the season?

he was also playing against midgets .. just like people shouldn’t trash him for 1 play vs Clemson , trying to take anything from garbage time against midget second teams is equally short sighted

Jesse is not ready. He has some great offensive moves and he seems to catch the ball well in traffic. Good hands. He needs to bulk up. Obviously not happy with the game tonight, but I'm really happy that he got more extended minutes tonight, even against Louisville's bench.

Sidibe - Only 2 PTS, 5 REB, 0 BLK and 5 PF in 11 minutes of PT
Edwards - 7 PTS, 3 REB, 2 BLK and 1 PF in 8 minutes of PT

Is Edwards ready for more PT at this point in the season?
He basically played against walk-ons...all their bigs were on the bench

Jesse is not ready. He has some great offensive moves and he seems to catch the ball well in traffic. Good hands. He needs to bulk up. Obviously not happy with the game tonight, but I'm really happy that he got more extended minutes tonight, even against Louisville's bench.

i guess my response to this would be ... would he be worse than the stiffs we are playing there now ?

i guess my response to this would be ... would he be worse than the stiffs we are playing there now ?
He probably wouldn't take much more damage than Dolezaj...

Marek looked like he’d just walked on to the court for his first organized sporting competition tonight
With the minutes Marek plays and the pounding he takes-
And Marek's valiant service playing out of position and taking xtra pounding at the 5 many minutes for Sid-
At this stage of the season I give credit to Marek for taking the floor at all.
He must be beat.

Short memory? He did a great job against Wake Forest. Given an opportunity...he has much more potential BS.
He played well against Wake, but their big man fouled out of the shortly after he entered....how's your memory...

Edwards has much greater upside than Sid.
Also why not go big line-up when we are getting pummeled.
I would love to see Buddy and Hughes up top. Marek at the 3 Guerrier 4 and Edwards 5

Edwards has much greater upside than Sid.
Also why not go big line-up when we are getting pummeled.
I would love to see Buddy and Hughes up top. Marek at the 3 Guerrier 4 and Edwards 5

to say he has greater upside implies he has a lower baseline or floor. Sidibe is terrible now. Im not quite sure what alternative SU games people are watching to come to the conclusion that he's even playable.

In no way is Jesse ready for meaningful minutes. He is at least a year away. My feeling is JB redshirted the further along, higher ceiling, freshman in the hopes that Bourama would be healthy this year and next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom