One final reminder of why you hate Rutgers and there delusional fans | Syracusefan.com

One final reminder of why you hate Rutgers and there delusional fans

Most delusional post of that thread:

"...and their game vs. us wasn't as close as the final score would indicate (that game should have been 27-7 or 31-7)."

He is right though, Syracuse should have won 27-7 or 31-7. ;)

I'm not usually a fan of threads about Big Ten dregs on our forum, but that thread is the epitome of misinformed.

But please - everyone resist the temptation to reply. They're begging for it.

I don't hate Rutgers. I think they did what they needed to survive.

However, they need to start strong out of the gate in the B1G conference just like Syr needs to start strong in the ACC. If Rutgers gets creamed by Ped st, Ohio st, Mich, Mich St & Wisky to the point where they are a circle win on every other team's calendar, then it will be a nightmare for them in the future. Money helps but does not fix fundamental athletic department and perception problems.

However, same can be said for SU in the ACC. The best case scenario is for SU to win consistently and make bowl games every year and for Rutgers to lose consistently and not make the post season anymore - and they will not be able to schedule cupcakes as much anymore with a 9 game conference schedule. Recruits from NJ will start to look elsewhere and not saying just to SU either but more likely Ped St, Ohio St and Mich schools will be more attractive.

I love their self contradicting comments: One guy states that Rutgers peers are Michigan and Ohio State and teht Syracuse is not even in the rear view mirror while another points out Syracuse has won 2 of 4 with lesser talent.

One guys states Marrone cannot coach because he cannot recruit, but again, he beat RU 2 of 4.

One guy says Syracuse cannot recruit and has given up Jersey but ignores the fact that Syracuse gets players from all over, even FL and TX.

One guy rips Marrone for not winning more games when Flood barely won with superior talent and a cheesy schedule.

Gotta pity these guys, that's all you can do with the delusioned souls that they are.

If they think they are ready for Michigan, OSU, PSU, Nebraska, they are dreaming. They are probably not even ready for Illinois. When you play cheesy schedules, you get cheesy performance. All the Best, Rutgers, enjoy your $$$$ and doormat status.

You have to feel bad for them. Rutgers = national power as is the Town Supervisor of Owasco = US President.

So sad.

Hey I'm important...was called out in that thread. :p

Love them asking why no Cuse fans are responding to the thread? Ummm cuz your moderators have banned everyone.

Rutgirls is Rutgirls/broken record...I love how they think we lose so many seniors every year and we'll suck in 2013. They predicted we'd suck after last season for 2012 cuz we lost so many seniors. Of course they haven't figured out Marrone doesn't use the red shirt thingie on the roster.

Love them asking why no Cuse fans are responding to the thread? Ummm cuz your moderators have banned everyone.

Hopefully beacuse SU fans have better things to do than lurk at the kiddie table. :D

I liked the post where they pointed out two of our wins in 2010 where against 1AA. Hmmm hasnt RU been scheduling the DREDGES of FBS and FCS for over a decade? Someone should pull schianos record vs FBS opponents. I gurantee you it wasnt .500

And all the smack about how much we suck, IN OUR WORST DECADE OF FOOTBALL, we STILL have MORE BE CHAMPIONSHIPS than they DO. 2-1

Rutgirls is Rutgirls/broken record...I love how they think we lose so many seniors every year and we'll suck in 2013. They predicted we'd suck after last season for 2012 cuz we lost so many seniors. Of course they haven't figured out Marrone doesn't use the red shirt thingie on the roster.

I was banned from that group back in '72 when it was pen-pal program. I wasn't even born then.

That is some high comedy there. Yea, the game wasn't as close as the score. That's why we had twice as many 1st downs and yardage. That game turned on an accidental slip by an OL. Nothing more, nothing less. If they are so great, they should have been beating us the last 4 years by 40-0 scores. They still haven't come to the realization either that the Big10 took them for reasons not named football. They will become roadkill.

That is some high comedy there. Yea, the game wasn't as close as the score. That's why we had twice as many 1st downs and yardage. That game turned on an accidental slip by an OL. Nothing more, nothing less. If they are so great, they should have been beating us the last 4 years by 40-0 scores. They still haven't come to the realization either that the Big10 took them for reasons not named football. They will become roadkill.

Rutgers fans are motards, always have been, always will be.

I'm getting a chuckle at how impressed they are with their recruiting class.

I wonder how well they'd do with even a moderately respectable OOC schedule? If my memory is correct 3 of our OOCs were bowl eligible while only one of there's was. God I hate them. I work 2 miles from their campus and cannot put into words my vitriolic attitude towards them.

I think RU will do fine in the b10. Topping out at around Wisc. level. Their success will largely depend on how well they do in their first 5 years--once the novelty of being in the b10 wears off.

But if RU makes you angry, just think about this:
RU hasn't beaten WVU since 1994. Now they need to beat OSU/Mich/Neb/PSU. Then, THEN, beat whoever is representing the SEC. We'll always have 1959.

Unless FSU joins the b10, RU can say goodbye to Florida recruits. They seem to have a lot.

I have a lot of big 10 fan friends. 0 of them think rutgers is a comparable program. Yes they are a public university, but so are Toledo, indiana state and north dakota.

The only reason anyone has expressed any content with their addition is that Ohio state or other fans in NYC will get to see their teams play more often. Ie kinda like cuse fans in Florida and playing usf

I have a lot of big 10 fan friends. 0 of them think rutgers is a comparable program. Yes they are a public university, but so are Toledo, indiana state and north dakota.

The only reason anyone has expressed any content with their addition is that Ohio state or other fans in NYC will get to see their teams play more often. Ie kinda like cuse fans in Florida and playing usf

I second this. None of my current B1G acquaintances respect Rutgers, if they even know about Rutgers.

When I was stationed in Ohio during the 90's, Rutgers could not get a mention let alone respect. Playing Rutgers was worse than playing Kent State, Miami (Ohio), Central Michigan, you get the point.

Wow, there were actually a couple of people in that thread who have minor brain functionality.

The way the conferences stand today, I would not change places with them. If the ACC loses some members, that might change. But right now, we are in a much better place.

That comes from a Syracuse perspective. Might not be true for that school from New Jersey. I really don't care.

Have to agree that the ACC might not be the better fit for Rutgers. They are the Big State U for NJ so they probably fit better with the B1G in that respect. Academically, they fit both conferences and geographically they fit both, at least now. Though, I have to say, getting fan bases excited about flying to Iowa is much harder than getting fan bases excited about Florida.

I get a kick out of the fact that one gentlemen is now responding to THIS thread in THEIR thread. They get so much anxiety anytime the name "Syracuse" is mentioned.

I think RU will do fine in the b10. Topping out at around Wisc. level. Their success will largely depend on how well they do in their first 5 years--once the novelty of being in the b10 wears off
]

Wisconsin level... like 3 Rose Bowls in a row level... this is as delusional as Rutgers fan...

Bowls on the level of the rose bowl Buttgers has ever been to = 0

We never have to play those people again in any sport. Glorious.

In the last 10 years we have been anywhere from above average to the program in college football. In spite of that, we have won shares of two Big East championships. They have had their greatest run ever in the last 10 years and all they have to show for of is one BE title that they share with us.

So, our worst is still better than their best.

It's going to be hard for them to fatten up a gaudy record with their B1G schedule. Can't wait for the dam to break on them and Jersey kids to flock to other B1G programs.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2