One of those seasons? | Syracusefan.com

One of those seasons?

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Every once in a while a team gets inconceivable "breaks" that allow them to win a number of close games. The 50/50 balls and calls seem to break 90/10 in their favor.
I was thinking this might be that kind of year after that last face mask call.

Last edited:
Every once in a while a team gets inconceivable "breaks" that allow them to win a number of close games. The 50/50 balls and calls seem the break 90/10 in their favor.

And meathead Purdue committing TWO personal fouls after their TD, that allowed us to get the kickoff returned out to midfield to start our final drive.

I mean - how often does that kinda thing happen?

OK, I’ll add - that benefits us??

Every once in a while a team gets inconceivable "breaks" that allow them to win a number of close games. The 50/50 balls and calls seem the break 90/10 in their favor.
I think the injuries are starting to be too much to overcome with the schedule after Wagner.

I think the injuries are starting to be too much to overcome with the schedule after Wagner.
I fear the same thing, I think there’s this SUPER extra cautious optimism coming from everyone I know who is a fan. Like “yeah this is awesome we are 4-0! But like wow 2 calls go a different way this year then we are 2-2” lol or is that just me and my group??

Also, we have a gritty QB who doesn’t let us lose some of these game. He isn’t perfect at all, but he makes the play at the end of the game. That scramble to set up Andre for the FG right in the middle of the field was so big. Ugly ugly game, the ability of the underbelly to step up will determine the outcome for the final 7 games of the year. I am hoping UVA was just not a good matchup for us, hopefully we breakout going forward and don’t have to rely on a penalty to give us a chance.

and if we just finish the simple plays we win both games by 15-20 pts. In past years we screw around kick fgs in a game we should be dominating and lose. we found away to win twice..
The "realists" don't ever seem to see that.

Also, we have a gritty QB who doesn’t let us lose some of these game. He isn’t perfect at all, but he makes the play at the end of the game. That scramble to set up Andre for the FG right in the middle of the field was so big. Ugly ugly game, the ability of the underbelly to step up will determine the outcome for the final 7 games of the year. I am hoping UVA was just not a good matchup for us, hopefully we breakout going forward and don’t have to rely on a penalty to give us a chance.
to be accurate that was a designed rpo play not a scamble

After the past 20 years of ‘Cuse football ill take 4-0 and not even think about how we got there!!!! We won!!! A win is a win even if its by 1 or 100! Period point blank and simple!!!! Why would anyone say we should be 2-2 MANNNNNNNNNNN FUNK THAT!! 4-0 lets blast wagner and the players can enjoy a much deserved weekend off!!!

And meathead Purdue committing TWO personal fouls after their TD, that allowed us to get the kickoff returned out to midfield to start our final drive.

I mean - how often does that kinda thing happen?

OK, I’ll add - that benefits us??
Once is a fluke. Twice got me thinking..

Every once in a while a team gets inconceivable "breaks" that allow them to win a number of close games. The 50/50 balls and calls seem to break 90/10 in their favor.
C4879BD4-1B12-4EB4-8789-DCFE5205AC2E.jpeg

Shrader as a starter (not including supposed injured games and FCS UConn)...

Liberty 3 point win, FG as time expired
at FSU 3 point loss, FG as time expired
Wake 3 point loss, walk off OT TD
Clemson 3 point loss, missed FG 0:38 left
at VA Tech 5 point win, TD with 0:19 left
Louisville 24 point win
Purdue 3 point win, TD with 0:07
UVA 2 point win, go ahead FG with 1:14 left

So 7 of 8 games game down to the very end of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom