One thing I didn't like from Shaffer's interview | Syracusefan.com

One thing I didn't like from Shaffer's interview

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
was the whole thing about how we aren't physically competitive and not as talented as the teams we will be facing in the ACC. Sent entirely the wrong message to me. I understand that we want to out-tough people and get a bunch of hard workers. But I NEVER want to tell my guys that somebody else is better than them.

I would focus on the fact that half of these teams used to be in the Big East, and we've played and beaten them before. That whole "they're better than us" thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. We aren't a MAC team.

And one more point - he was pretty blunt about saying we have crappy facilities. I thought there have been some surface face lifts done, we just redid Manley to put in that indoor field. We're just one building away, right? Add a Melo Center for football, and that's pretty much it, right?

was the whole thing about how we aren't physically competitive and not as talented as the teams we will be facing in the ACC. Sent entirely the wrong message to me. I understand that we want to out-tough people and get a bunch of hard workers. But I NEVER want to tell my guys that somebody else is better than them.

I would focus on the fact that half of these teams used to be in the Big East, and we've played and beaten them before. That whole "they're better than us" thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. We aren't a MAC team.
it might not be true, but it puts a chip on their shoulder. shafer is motivating through the press which can be a very effective tactic.

it might not be true, but it puts a chip on their shoulder. shafer is motivating through the press which can be a very effective tactic.

just like coach mac did-

you also want the type of kid who wants to be the best he can ,facilities be damned if you have a good staff kids will come-

He's right.

But with new investment we will be more talented.

He is just a much more blunt guy than Marrone and P.

This is not news really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom