One thing I really like about SU hoops... | Syracusefan.com

One thing I really like about SU hoops...

I love that we're an elite team built on players that stay around. It's so much more fun to watch players develop and learn to work together as a team than to constantly be shuffling one and done players through year after year.

Well, I could take one or two seasons of shuffling if it brought us at least 1 more NC. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Neil

Agreed, although lately it looks like we're shuffling 2 and done players more often than not Not a bad problem to have though...

We've got a good thing going with guys that follow a traditional development pattern and guys that blow up early and (rightfully) take the next step.

We've got a good thing going with guys that follow a traditional development pattern and guys that blow up early and (rightfully) take the next step.

Agreed. But the one drawback would be if we become known as the program that purposefully stifles the talent in order to get that sophomore year blow-up. Not saying that is the case, but perception can become reality and considering how well both MCW and Dion are doing in the NBA, if we have some more of these added to them, that could become the perception.

Cheers,
Neil

Agreed. But the one drawback would be if we become known as the program that purposefully stifles the talent in order to get that sophomore year blow-up. Not saying that is the case, but perception can become reality and considering how well both MCW and Dion are doing in the NBA, if we have some more of these added to them, that could become the perception.

Cheers,
Neil
Eh, I'll roll the dice on that.

I am intrigued by CJ's comment about Obokoh being able to magically be the one who always comes up with the rebound. It kind of reminds me of GMac was saying how great Cooney was in practice and we just had to be patient. Obokoh is probably going to be a four year player. But if the guy has some kind of magic rebounding talent he's perfect for our program! Obokoh reminds me of Keita already. Although BMK has struggled lately, he's been one of my favorite players since he was a freshmen and played very well.

I am intrigued by CJ's comment about Obokoh being able to magically be the one who always comes up with the rebound. It kind of reminds me of GMac was saying how great Cooney was in practice and we just had to be patient. Obokoh is probably going to be a four year player. But if the guy has some kind of magic rebounding talent he's perfect for our program! Obokoh reminds me of Keita already. Although BMK has struggled lately, he's been one of my favorite players since he was a freshmen and played very well.
The thing that's weird to me is that it seems like Keita's gotten worse at rebounding during his career, at least by what he's shown this season. I mean, as a freshman he had like 15 boards against someone in conference play I recall.

I'm still getting over the fact that one of our coaches called Dayshawn Wright "the best rebounder on the team" in 2005.

Gonna wait just a little longer to get too excited about Chinoso.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom