One thing I'll be watching for tonight | Syracusefan.com

One thing I'll be watching for tonight

PhatOrange

Living Legend
is how many times we go 3 and out. This is one of my biggest concerns for the season. Defensively it will kill us. It’s one thing to go 3 and out when it takes a couple of minutes. It’s on another level if we go 3 and out in 20 seconds.

With the lack of defensive depth they’ll wilt. Our conditioning is/has to be a huge component on that side of the ball. Have to avoid 3 and outs.

A buddy of mine reffed their scrimmage a couple of Saturday’s ago. This was something he mentioned to me, that we’ll run 1st, 2nd and 3rd down in seriously 20 to 30 seconds total.

It's my biggest concern as well. Especially given that it sounds like our defense won't be as aggressive as in the past and may not generate as many 3-and-outs as we might like. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in possession time.

How about how many times we score in 3 plays or less. Commercials will be unbearable.

is how many times we go 3 and out. This is one of my biggest concerns for the season. Defensively it will kill us. It’s one thing to go 3 and out when it takes a couple of minutes. It’s on another level if we go 3 and out in 20 seconds.

With the lack of defensive depth they’ll wilt. Our conditioning is/has to be a huge component on that side of the ball. Have to avoid 3 and outs.

A buddy of mine reffed their scrimmage a couple of Saturday’s ago. This was something he mentioned to me, that we’ll run 1st, 2nd and 3rd down in seriously 20 to 30 seconds total.
I hear ya. I mentioned the same thing in a thread a week or two ago.

I definitely came away feeling pretty good about the D. The offense can't settle for 4 fg's once they get into ACC play, or things could get ugly. I'm getting a little long in the tooth, so I pray that Babers can put together a nice little run for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom