One thing that worries me is what are the goals now? | Syracusefan.com

One thing that worries me is what are the goals now?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
They were talking about wanting to make the playoff.

That's off the table.

Need to keep the crew together and have some resiliency.

The margin for error is just so small. Some flags didn't go our way, we made some really bad plays, the defense shored it up and then absolutely went with a baffling decision on that 4th and 9 play.

That's off the table.

The margin for error is just so small. Some flags didn't go our way, we made some really bad plays, the defense shored it up and then absolutely went with a baffling decision on that 4th and 9 play.

They can still win the ACC if they win out, no?

Most coaches' pressing goal is to win the week. McCord's second pick, I would argue was more costly than the Pick 6 because Allen was wide open with 15 yards of space...If you've ever been in a locker room, they will address these mistakes very early tomorrow morning than move on. Fran will probably be in his office going over film, and he will sleep at the facility. I think fans expectations were extremely unrealistic...Fran's 3 games into his tenure, and despite 2 INTs was right there at the end...

Most coaches' pressing goal is to win the week. McCord's second pick, I would argue was more costly than the Pick 6 because Allen was wide open with 15 yards of space...If you've ever been in a locker room, they will address these mistakes very early tomorrow morning than move on. Fran will probably be in his office going over film, and he will sleep at the facility. I think fans expectations were extremely unrealistic...Fran's 3 games into his tenure, and despite 2 INTs was right there at the end...
His tenure is going to get extremely more difficult than Stanford at home with a loud crowd after they traveled 2500 miles. I'm concerned

His tenure is going to get extremely more difficult than Stanford at home with a loud crowd after they traveled 2500 miles. I'm concerned
Expectations were a tad high with the local media yucking up the DART stuff...They will look at film and try and correct mistakes...Prepare next week to be better for the next game...That's all you can do...A lot of catastrophizing from a bewildered fanbase with the crappy 25 year run we are on...

That's off the table.

I’d say the goals should be to block and tackle and catch and run. Maybe run full routes too.

Seems like a good place to start after that debacle.

Expectations were a tad high with the local media yucking up the DART stuff...They will look at film and try and correct mistakes...Prepare next week to be better for the next game...That's all you can do...A lot of catastrophizing from a bewildered fanbase with the crappy 25 year run we are on...
We have Stockholm syndrome at this point. Can't leave an abusive relationship. Lol

As always, SU can either adjust and get better or fade into insignificant mediocrity.
I thought we were mostly past that with Fran. They're obviously still resolving issues.

It’s mostly crappy QBs like tonight though. Stop those guys and don’t let the OL get destroyed and we’re OK.

Road heavy slate now though.

My concern is the same. Goals change but when you go get a guy like McCord plus the other portal additions you are spending a lot of NIL capital to simply just make a bowl game at best when you lose tonight’s game. Anything more than that means that there is zero margin for error the rest of the season which is never realistic. A coveted non playoff bowl game sounds good too but that also gets pretty much squashed as well with this outcome.

If you go big you have to put something on the board to show for it and here we are facing the fact of getting a much weaker ROI.

So, expecting to beat the team picked to finish dead last in the ACC on your home field is too much now? Holy F!

My concern is the same. Goals change but when you go get a guy like McCord plus the other portal additions you are spending a lot of NIL capital to simply just make a bowl game at best when you lose tonight’s game. Anything more than that means that there is zero margin for error the rest of the season which is never realistic. A coveted non playoff bowl game sounds good too but that also gets pretty much squashed as well with this outcome.

If you go big you have to put something on the board to show for it and here we are facing the fact of getting a much weaker ROI.
They went big though not on the OL. This is just as bad as the past few years and will keep this team from getting 8+ wins.

So, expecting to beat the team picked to finish dead last in the ACC on your home field is too much now? Holy F!
I mean you were expecting a 10 point plus win? Stanford always will have athletes...the Stanford Coach won at Sacramento State...Good X and O's guy...McCord's second pick should have never happened...

That's off the table.

Get ranked for once

I mean you were expecting a 10 point plus win? Stanford always will have athletes...the Stanford Coach won at Sacramento State...Good X and O's guy...McCord's second pick should have never happened...
That's pretty much what the market expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom