One-time Syracuse football recruiting target Connor Center explains his decision to sign with Colora | Syracusefan.com

One-time Syracuse football recruiting target Connor Center explains his decision to sign with Colora

"They're gonna offer me a four- or five-year education that's worth $300,000, so I know they're confident I can do it, and I'm confident I can do it," Center said. "I talked with Coach Shafer and he said if you came here I would love to see you line up against a guy from Penn State our first game and kick his (butt) in the game and then shake his hand after and say, 'Hey, you just got your (butt) kicked by a kid who never played organized football in high school.'"

---------------------

If HCSS said that, that's fantastic. Also love that the kid recognizes the value of the education. SU took the tactic that they needed an answer now. Cannot fault that logic or approach with this kid. He was confident enough to keep checking out other schools. Good for him. It will be interesting to see how he does. I really agree with the "no bad habits" comment too.