Online Petition: Award the Schwartzwalder Trophy to the 2012 New Era Pinstripe Bowl winner | Syracusefan.com

Online Petition: Award the Schwartzwalder Trophy to the 2012 New Era Pinstripe Bowl winner

Screw them the trophy is our forever, because lets admit it we have nothing to gain by letting the hillbillies play any team east of the Mississippi.

The Pinstripe Bowl does not want the Schwartzwalder trophy to take precedent over the Steinbrenner trophy. Marrone was pretty clear on it.

I can't believe this is a debate. If a trophy is given to the winner of a rivalry game, it doesn't matter if it is a bowl game.

I look forward to the Orange making the point moot.

Find it hard to believe there are any SU fans boycotting the game because of this, as the petition claims. But if some WVU fans actually do, that's just childish ... to say the least. SU not putting up the trophy should only add fuel to the rivalry, make them want to show up en masse, and hope their team whips ours' asses.

There is already a trophy on the line for this game.

images

they don't have to pimp the trophy around on field or at presser... keep it under wraps and out of the media photos etc... and I don't blame the yankees org for not wanting their trophy being one-upped... fine.

but whoever wins the game should be taking the schwartz home on the bus...

hopefully, that is what will really happen regardless of what is being said publicly for PR purposes...

Screw them the trophy is our forever, because lets admit it we have nothing to gain by letting the hillbillies play any team east of the Mississippi.

^THIS!^

Why can't I sign against that WV-sponsored petition? Where's the petition asking our administrators to not to put the trophy on the line? There are two opposing differences of opinion here, so why is only one being given attention?

The one to 'Free Billy Edelin' had more merit, but was stupid and useless.

This, is worse than that.

Its easy to bitch about the trophy not being up for grabs when you're not the one holding it. West Virginia needs to put something up for grabs, too - since we're not likely to play each other again in my lifetime.

One suggestion is that, should Syracuse win, the Dude gets marched out to midfield at the end of the game and Syracuse fans in attendance get to beat him to death. The upside is this would help attendance, at least on the Syracuse side...

Aaaaaaaw, they wouldn't let me sign as "Go Eat a Dick WVU"

they don't have to pimp the trophy around on field or at presser... keep it under wraps and out of the media photos etc... and I don't blame the yankees org for not wanting their trophy being one-upped... fine.

but whoever wins the game should be taking the schwartz home on the bus...

hopefully, that is what will really happen regardless of what is being said publicly for PR purposes...
When we victoriously return to campus, bring it out during a welcome back presser and celebrate retaining it. Otherwise, have Kyle F. quietly bubblewrap it and UPS it to Morgantown sometime the following week, or whenever he can get around to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom