only 25k today and it will be biggest easily | Syracusefan.com

only 25k today and it will be biggest easily

orangehomer

All American
I think boeheim is going to take it full circle, and completely rip down whatever it is that he has built. for as pretentious as the dome box office acts for now, I think within 5 years they will be begging for 15k. I don't think Hopkins is the answer, that ship has sailed and boeheim probably has completely screwed that dudes coaching career. I think we are looking at a 10-15 year rebuild cycle starting as soon as the sanctions are over. we have cashed in our chips on boeheim, there is nothing left and this is going to be a painful process. we aren't even the 4th or 5th best program in our own conference right now.

The students are away and the weather and roads were horrible this morning.

We don't typically get more than 25-26k for any December games. The 30,000 crowds are almost always later in the season.

As for the rest of that stuff, my God. Calm down. 10-15 year process...how does one even come up with that number? You can literally have one good recruiting class in basketball and turn it around. See 2002 NIT to 2003 National Title.

We don't typically get more than 25-26k for any December games. The 30,000 crowds are almost always later in the season.

As for the rest of that stuff, my God. Calm down. 10-15 year process...how does one even come up with that number? You can literally have one good recruiting class in basketball and turn it around. See 2002 NIT to 2003 National Title.
c'mon DW, you just can't take the heat of his HOT TAKE!!!

my estimate is based on another 1-2 years of uncertainty surrounding boeheim affecting recruiting. add on another 5 years or so of Hopkins being what I think will be mediocre at best, and then at least 3 years for a new guy to turn it around. it could worse, I am trying to be optimistic.

weather today . but i still hate to see the parka clad "faithful" hitting the exit aisles with two minutes left to play. not good tv for any recruit.

my estimate is based on another 1-2 years of uncertainty surrounding boeheim affecting recruiting. add on another 5 years or so of Hopkins being what I think will be mediocre at best, and then at least 3 years for a new guy to turn it around. it could worse, I am trying to be optimistic.

So you're basically just assuming the worst possible outcome in everything for the next decade and a half? Seriously, it'll be alright.

I think boeheim is going to take it full circle, and completely rip down whatever it is that he has built. for as pretentious as the dome box office acts for now, I think within 5 years they will be begging for 15k. I don't think Hopkins is the answer, that ship has sailed and boeheim probably has completely screwed that dudes coaching career. I think we are looking at a 10-15 year rebuild cycle starting as soon as the sanctions are over. we have cashed in our chips on boeheim, there is nothing left and this is going to be a painful process. we aren't even the 4th or 5th best program in our own conference right now.

To respond to all of the idiotic points you made would make it tiresome for all. Therefore, I'll just leave it here... dude, get away from your keyboard.

There wasn't 25k there today

It's an aweful product to watch, especially if you are asking people to sit in the 15k seats that are laughable for hoops.

I don't know but I think this will be low point of your season and your guys will come back enough to get into the NCAA tournament again.

Ok.

Like I said, terrible weather and no students. Crowd was announced at 25k. Still a good turnout considering.

Students were out in force, quiet, but there in bigger numbers than any game yet this year. Very cool that so many stayed around for a game after break already started, can't remember that happening before.

To respond to all of the idiotic points you made would make it tiresome for all. Therefore, I'll just leave it here... dude, get away from your keyboard.
I think it is fair to say that the program is not healthy right now. attendance has been bad this year, I don't care what the announced totals are. everyone wants to think that we have this impenetrable fortress of a program, I am just saying that there are some chinks showing in the armor. I hope I am wrong. but for the first time in 30+ years of living and breathing orange basketball I am worried about the future.

I think it is fair to say that the program is not healthy right now. attendance has been bad this year, I don't care what the announced totals are. everyone wants to think that we have this impenetrable fortress of a program, I am just saying that there are some chinks showing in the armor. I hope I am wrong. but for the first time in 30+ years of living and breathing orange basketball I am worried about the future.
I think everyone is. We all would be anyway with JB retiring but a lot of us expected a smooth transition with a healthy program and talented roster for the next coach (apparently Hop) to take over.

Instead, JB is running this program into the ground before that transition can even take place.

Students were out in force, quiet, but there in bigger numbers than any game yet this year. Very cool that so many stayed around for a game after break already started, can't remember that happening before.

Really? I just assumed that a few hundred of them stuck around, and the rest of the section was bought up by locals. Didn't look, feel, or sound like a true SU student section, even by our weakest past student section standards.

Really? I just assumed that a few hundred of them stuck around, and the rest of the section was bought up by locals. Didn't look, feel, or sound like a true SU student section, even by our weakest past student section standards.

Yeah, it was weird, not chanting or anything. Maybe because the front of the section was used for former players and the student section didn't start until the football seats?

the pearl drove attendance numbers up. we all came to watch him play. the product we're currently peddling doesn't match the excitement.

There's no such thing as a 10 or 15 year rebuild in this sport. The right key player or two can carry a team deep in in the NCAAT, as can an experienced squad of solid players. The outlook certainly isn't as bleak as you want to make it.

What you're seeing is what 4 years of sanctions can do to a program. You can only have 2 coaches on the road recruiting instead of 4 and it has resulted in poor recruiting. We have lost three straight games to poor former Big East teams (SJU, UCONN and GT). We've actually lost 5 out of 6 playing former Big East programs.

There's no such thing as a 10 or 15 year rebuild in this sport. The right key player or two can carry a team deep in in the NCAAT, as can an experienced squad of solid players. The outlook certainly isn't as bleak as you want to make it.

Yeah. I remember when UNC sucked. They went like 8-20 and were one of the worst major conference teams that season. They got the Felton, McCants, May class and won a national title a couple years later. I can't think of one "10-15 year rebuild" in college bball history. Teams can get good off of one good recruiting class or two. You get 4-5 good players and a couple other decent ones on a roster and you can win.

In this "Like" society that we now live in, I think it's important not to fall into the "everyone gets a trohpy" syndrome. That said, give us the UNLIKE button that we can click on certain posts. I sure would have used a few just in this very thread. Oh my. If someone's post sucks, let us help them by providing the feedback.

Just some thoughts over a nice cool beverage...

In this "Like" society that we now live in, I think it's important not to fall into the "everyone gets a trohpy" syndrome. That said, give us the UNLIKE button that we can click on certain posts. I sure would have used a few just in this very thread. Oh my. If someone's post sucks, let us help them by providing the feedback.

You get a big ol' LIKE for that!

I'd even take it one step further and have a "turd in the punchbowl" button for those extra special posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom