Oo my lord 73-87 since Ennis left | Syracusefan.com

Oo my lord 73-87 since Ennis left

20plus

2nd String
I did some research since Tyler left how bad of a run it’s been for this program it’s unbelievable.
  • First took all conference regular season games records.
  • Then took all postseason matchups
  • Then took all non-conference power five match
  • 73-87 in all games that really matter

I did some research since Tyler left how bad of a run it’s been for this program it’s unbelievable.
  • First took all conference regular season games records.
  • Then took all postseason matchups
  • Then took all non-conference power five match
  • 73-87 in all games that really matter
Did you count Georgetown and Big East since they are outside of Power 5?

Sanctions kicked in the following year. Just a coincidence?

I was a believer of the sanctions excuse for a while because it definitely did have an obvious effect on the program (which we have discussed/debated on this forum over and over repeatedly). However, the sanctions have been over for at least a couple of years now and some of the problems on the court are still persisting (style of play and coaching decisions, namely regarding playing time). I’m hoping that maybe next year really swings things back to how they used to be with Benny coming in, but we’ll see.

One other problem with that equation is we went from 16 to 18 to 20 conference games. Less cupcakes and more beef.

What do you mean all games matter

are you saying that this isn’t the most accurate depiction of a measuring stick more so than our overall record

The games excluded from this number and would say 20 % of them are against quality opponents maybe 20%
We are 6-0 against Colgate and Cornell though.
Don’t forget the other tomato can wins they count too.

One other problem with that equation is we went from 16 to 18 to 20 conference games. Less cupcakes and more beef.
His numbers are showing our record against P5/BE teams since 2014.
It doesn’t matter if we are playing more conference games. It is showing we are medicore program now.

It’ll prob get worse before it gets better post-JB in my humble opinion
Depends on the next HC.
I agree we aren’t getting another JB.

It’s just be honest look at 2021 recruiting our guards are going to be the same next year.
This staff hasn’t added a 2021 guard that is malpractice.
Why?
We need talent to be a NC contender.

I am sorry the current players are good but don’t deserve tenure their entire careers.

It sucks. That we have to accept this stuff isn’t going to change.

Depends on the next HC.

Agreed on both counts, good post.

BUT, not replicating the HOFer with a like-for-like doesn't necessarily mean that there will be a dropoff. I don't think that Chris Mack is as "good" as Pitino, for example, but he's a great coach who immediately stepped in and kept Louisville strong.

That should be the goal -- to identify that top candidate to replace Boeheim [and not just settle for a replacement candidate] and to hire a new coach that gives SU the best chance to avoid any dropoff / decline.

Boeheim is one of the best college basketball coaches in history. He'll leave big shoes to fill, which is why it will be VERY important for the AD to do proper due diligence when it comes to hiring his successor.

Last edited:
I think if the next coach gets us slightly better results than what we've had the past few years I'd take it. We shouldn't be sweating out Selection Sunday like we have been. But I think it's also a bit unfair and unrealistic to expect yearly success like what we've had under JB for most of his tenure here.

Last edited:
I’ve been frustrated with Syracuse’s mediocrity the last 5 plus years. But to pick and choose games that matter to you in order to make the point isn’t really helpful in my opinion.
I would settle for an entertaining style of basketball to watch at this point.

Depends on the next HC.

It’s just be honest look at 2021 recruiting our guards are going to be the same next year.
Why?

I am sorry the current players are good but don’t deserve tenure their entire careers.

WHY?
Because he doesn't want anybody to threaten Buddy's minutes. Your post is spot on. This probably prevents them from getting a big time SG serious about Cuse for the foreseable future. I thought they checked down and didnt shoot for the stars with Goodine, and where did that get them?? He may not have been good enough and transferred out anyways seeing the writing on the wall with Buddy entrenched.

I brought this up previously, they really want to go into next year with only 3 guards on the roster again??
Yes Griffin, can play 2 but JB doesnt seem to want to do that, he barely gives KR enough minutes and keeps JG BB mins too high. And Owens is just a charity favor to his Dad, Billy.

Depends on the next HC.

Why?

maybe they go transfer route again like with AG, but I dont like the waiting until free agency. They should be recruiting that position right now to supplement with Benny.

Ennis leaving and getting murdered in cold blood by the NCAA happened pretty much at the same time. Not being allowed to recruit hurts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom