Options at Third Base Shrinking for Yankees | Syracusefan.com

Options at Third Base Shrinking for Yankees

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
scottbrosius.jpg

My kingdom for another Scott Brosius who I had never heard of before the Yanks obtained him.

"His career highlights include playing in the 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001 World Series for the Yankees, winning three of them; being voted 1998 World Series MVP after batting .471 with two home runs and six RBIs in four games, being the 1998 All-Star game third baseman and 1999 Gold Glove winner."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/s...see-options-at-third-base-shrinking.html?_r=0

Well, they could probably get Michael Young pretty cheap. He's only terrible defensively AND offensively these days.

Or sticking with the Rangers, Elvis Andrus is on the trading block to make room for Jurickson Profar so they might be able to acquire him and turn Jeter into a 3B.

I want to see what Nunez can do.
I wouldn't mind seeing that either, but the organization doesn't seem to feel that's an option, at least publicly.

I think they will bring in Youk, provided the price is right. If he's somewhat healthy, I could go for that.

I wouldn't mind seeing that either, but the organization doesn't seem to feel that's an option, at least publicly.

I think they will bring in Youk, provided the price is right. If he's somewhat healthy, I could go for that.
As long as he doesn't have to face Joba in batting practice.

Kevin Youlkis. Grinds out at bats and would be a nice addition for the short term.

Having checked out a couple yankee blogs a lot of fans are pretty pissed about the Austerity move by the Yankees. I have to say as someone who has been a lifelong yankee fan and never really worried about it the next few years really look sketchy. The team is old, Cano and Hughes are both FA next year and at least one is gone, zero big time hitting prospects in the near future in the farm system, and worst of all the team seems hell bent on getting under the luxury tax threshold of $189 million.

Having checked out a couple yankee blogs a lot of fans are pretty pissed about the Austerity move by the Yankees. I have to say as someone who has been a lifelong yankee fan and never really worried about it the next few years really look sketchy. The team is old, Cano and Hughes are both FA next year and at least one is gone, zero big time hitting prospects in the near future in the farm system, and worst of all the team seems hell bent on getting under the luxury tax threshold of $189 million.
Tell you what. Bring up Dante Bichette Jr and save the $13 million they are going to spend on Youk, or worse yet Reynolds or whatever other retread they pick up off the scrap heap should Youk turn them down?

Tell you what. Bring up Dante Bichette Jr and save the $13 million they are going to spend on Youk, or worse yet Reynolds or whatever other retread they pick up off the scrap heap should Youk turn them down?

No decision from Youk yet, I think they may land him. Dante Bichette Jr had a pretty good rookie year but he really struggled to hit last year. He is no where near ready for the big leagues. The Yanks have some good young hitters who project as possible big prospects but there all still way down in the farm bascially double AA or less. Reynolds is a no go thank god.