Options to finish out the Roster | Syracusefan.com

Options to finish out the Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangezoo

In the wind
First Slot- Frank. No decision yet but Frank gives us a 9th body who could be expected to see some minutes providing frontcourt depth.

Alternates? I think this becomes the first question - where do we look and who is in the Portal we would look at? I would expect Portal here given we don't want to be overloading with Clingan still a major target.

Second Slot- Quincy? QG returning is obviously the ideal situation on top of Frank. I have Q as in the second slot given technically he is off the roster until he says otherwise.

Alternate- I think you can go a lot of ways here. I think portal is probably best to find a slasher with a year or two. No idea if anyone is on the staffs radar because there is no twitter chatter etc. I would expect this is a ways out - I would hope we know QGs decision soon enough to act but hard to say if it goes down that way.

Third Slot- this is where it gets interesting. I am expecting this goes to a walk on and then we leave one scholly open banking it for 22 or 23 or an unplanned edition should there be a kid too good to let go without a home in the Portal. The other option is separate from the other two spots we bring in another guard. Ideally a good athlete with no promises - just an opportunity.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I like either player to add to our current roster to provide a Kadary like presence in the backcourt to help JG3 and Symir: Jalen Coleman-Lands
Quadir Copeland (reclass)

Last edited:
I imagine certain pledges are given to players who transfer in that is in everyone’s interest to keep. Symir is the third guard- who would sign up to be the fourth? No one expecting much time. Same with forwards and centers, esp if Frank is back. I assume Cuse is set except for minor role players who’d be happy with any time.

How nuts is it that we were a double digit tourney seed, get to 8-9 guys of consequence on scholarship, and we're like, welp, gonna be hard to add anybody good now, we're pretty much set?

If we go in with less than 10 of consequence I mean we get what we deserve. I just can't see our staff not making sure we hit 10 if not 11.

How nuts is it that we were a double digit tourney seed, get to 8-9 guys of consequence on scholarship, and we're like, welp, gonna be hard to add anybody good now, we're pretty much set?

Simple as this...Folks have accepted the media speak by JB on how he uses the bench. Then when someone gets hurts..they have the “well we WOULD have been top 10 if so and so doesn’t get hurt” to fall back on..or “they weren’t ready”. It’s rinse and repeat at this point. Some see it, some don’t

Simple as this...Folks have accepted the media speak by JB on how he uses the bench. Then when someone gets hurts..they have the “well we WOULD have been top 10 if so and so doesn’t get hurt” to fall back on..or “they weren’t ready”. It’s rinse and repeat at this point. Some see it, some don’t

what I saw was our starting center get hurt in game 1 and having 4 guys behind him. Plenty of depth. And that early and quickly in the season marek was the obvious choice.

I imagine certain pledges are given to players who transfer in that is in everyone’s interest to keep. Symir is the third guard- who would sign up to be the fourth? No one expecting much time. Same with forwards and centers, esp if Frank is back. I assume Cuse is set except for minor role players who’d be happy with any time.
Exactly. If the coaching staff is looking for anyone, it’s a diamond in the rough.

You think JB intentionally doesn’t address depth so he’ll have a built-in excuse when someone gets hurt? That’s what you’re saying? That’s what you believe?

the head coach literally said none of them were ready. Like in his own words.
is it really depth if they can’t play?
Then what’s the point of adding more players? You’ll just say they’re not real.

I like either player to add to our current roster to provide a Kadary like presence in the backcourt to help JG3 and Symir: Jalen Coleman-Lands
Quadir Copeland (reclass)

I’ll ask this again -

WHY on Biden’s green earth would Quadir Copeland reclass to come here and be the 4th guard (3rd PG) for a coach who has a track record chiseled in stone of playing 2.5 guards??

WHAT IS IN IT FOR HIM??!!!

Answer - absolutely nothing.

And, we’d risk Kadary 2.0, have him Portal out due to lack of PT,
and lose the ‘22 PG we desperately need, the year before we really need him.

the head coach literally said none of them were ready. Like in his own words.
is it really depth if they can’t play?

4 mins into the season. Yes.

He said they were not ready well into the season. I can pull the quotes if needed. I know you know this is true. Every time someone asked about rebounding he would do the “they aren’t ready” routine

I know what he said. And he knows more so than we do. He also said his plan was to redshirt all 3 and use Sidibe and marek. Said he talked to all 3 and even talked to the parents of Jesse or Frank (forget which one). Our offense was better with marek even if he’s not a center.

I know what he said. And he knows more so than we do. He also said his plan was to redshirt all 3 and use Sidibe and marek. Said he talked to all 3 and even talked to the parents of Jesse or Frank (forget which one). Our offense was better with marek even if he’s not a center.

So if his plan was to redshirt all 3, we didn’t have depth.

I think we have a pretty decent amount on the shoulders of Symir. Hope he can be a decent facilitator.

This whole thread has turned into a massive pissing contest.

Ok let’s get the back to the topic...

Who do you feel we are able to add to our roster?

I’m sure you have some knowledgeable opinions on topic.

So if his plan was to redshirt all 3, we didn’t have depth.

just because you aren’t going to play all 5 doesn’t mean we didn’t have 5. If you want to say we didn’t have quality depth, then fine. That’s what JB said when he said guys weren’t ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom