Orange All Access - a little rant | Syracusefan.com

Orange All Access - a little rant

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Earlier this week I paid for my second month of service (done automatically). So far there has only been one game that they have done the "video" streaming relative to games that I do not have available on my TV (Indiana has been the only home game I have got on TV). Just emailed them and learned they will not be doing the video for this Saturday's game either, just audio. Guess I will still need to use First Row for my streaming. Can't see me renewing after this month. Very disappointing.

OAA sucks, badly. Their stream is frequently a slide show. The quality is so poor it looks like somebody made a stop-motion basketball movies out of lego guys and to add insult to injury they have been charging me $10 a month all year long and yet when bball season rolls around the site says I have no "subscriptions" and so I can't watch anything anyway. I'm not even mentioning the production quality which is highlighted by them forgetting to turn on the audio until usually well after the under 16 timeout and then forgetting to turn it off for the next three commercial breaks so you hear guys chatting about who has the stat sheet and yadda yadda. Its awful, but I want to see my orangemen so I keep paying like a mope.

Earlier this week I paid for my second month of service (done automatically). So far there has only been one game that they have done the "video" streaming relative to games that I do not have available on my TV (Indiana has been the only home game I have got on TV). Just emailed them and learned they will not be doing the video for this Saturday's game either, just audio. Guess I will still need to use First Row for my streaming. Can't see me renewing after this month. Very disappointing.

Try to find someone in the USA with a Slingbox you can log into. This won't help for ESPN3 exclusives, but will for all televised games.

I would certainly appreciate more information on "slingbox" if someone would care to elaborate. Ya, ESPN3 is not available outside the U.S.

Here is an email I sent to Sidearm Sports today after learning there will be no stream of Saturday's game. After that is their reply - DUH.

----------------------------

Guess you could say I am disappointed I subscribed to your service considering the very few games you are video streaming. I was looking for a source to view the games that are not available on my TV service. So far you have only covered one of those games.

Are you able to tell me if you will be doing “video” streams of the following games?

Dec 20 – High Point.
Jan 4 – Miami.
Feb 9 – Clemson
Feb 15 – NC State
Mar $ – Georgia Tech.

Thanks.

Don Lightfoot

--------------------------------

Hi Don,

At this time I cannot confirm any video streams, however I can almost guarantee that all ACC Games will not be showcase as ESPN 3 and the ACC Network would have to decline the desire to stream or carry those games.

Best,
Andrew
SIDEARM Streaming Support

If I lived outside the country, I doubt I could subsist without Slingbox.

Basically, it's a device that allows you to control a television from anywhere, as long as you have internet access. It's great for catching up on shows when you are on the road. Anything that can be accessed from the TV, including DVR service, is available. You pay one-time for the hardware, which isn't cheap (about $250 I think) but there is no ongoing fee for the service. The picture quality is dependent on the speed of your network, but can be just as high quality as any internet stream.

So, if you have family or friends in the USA, and they can get Orange games through their cable/satellite package, I'd think about getting them an early Christmas present. Ask them to install it, preferably on a TV they use infrequently, and give you the login information.

The one thing you must keep in mind is that only one person can control a TV at a time. So it's best to give the person a heads up when you will be accessing their TV.

I would certainly appreciate more information on "slingbox" if someone would care to elaborate. Ya, ESPN3 is not available outside the U.S.

Here is an email I sent to Sidearm Sports today after learning there will be no stream of Saturday's game. After that is their reply - DUH.

----------------------------

Guess you could say I am disappointed I subscribed to your service considering the very few games you are video streaming. I was looking for a source to view the games that are not available on my TV service. So far you have only covered one of those games.

Are you able to tell me if you will be doing “video” streams of the following games?

Dec 20 – High Point.
Jan 4 – Miami.
Feb 9 – Clemson
Feb 15 – NC State
Mar $ – Georgia Tech.

Thanks.

Don Lightfoot

--------------------------------

Hi Don,

At this time I cannot confirm any video streams, however I can almost guarantee that all ACC Games will not be showcase as ESPN 3 and the ACC Network would have to decline the desire to stream or carry those games.

Best,
Andrew
SIDEARM Streaming Support

slingbox. ummmhmmmm.

large_sling_blade_blu-ray6.jpg

ESPN3 is available outside the US if you can find a way to mask your IP...

They lost my service a long time ago. It got to a point where I couldn't sign back in after signing out I had to stream a 24 hour pass and can't watch other syracuse sports because of it, because money doesn't grow on trees.

For the canada games I paid each invidual game and the 44 bucks on top of it and didn't bother trying for a refund because I didnt want to deal with them and all their questions.

At least you get to hear the audio of Jason Benetti's call of the high school playoff games. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom