Orange in the Azores | Syracusefan.com

Orange in the Azores

Crusty

Living Legend
Just got back from a death defying transatlantic cruise to Spain, which was my wife's quid pro quo for SU season tickets and three away games (good trade for me). Anyway, I got quite a few go cuses! aboard ship as I was a wearin the Orange every day. I was surprised at how many and when we went ashore in the Azores a local who could hardly speak English smiled and pointed at my wind breaker and said Go Cuse! (Somehow I think this makes the trip tax deductible!)

As everyone knows, BB is huge in Europe and our recent NCAA run gave us great worldwide exposure.
Go Cuse!

I know of a huge Orange fan who married a girl from the Azores. Wonder if he's transplanted Orange Nation to his wife's homeland.

Just got back from a death defying transatlantic cruise to Spain, which was my wife's quid pro quo for SU season tickets and three away games (good trade for me). Anyway, I got quite a few go cuses! aboard ship as I was a wearin the Orange every day. I was surprised at how many and when we went ashore in the Azores a local who could hardly speak English smiled and pointed at my wind breaker and said Go Cuse! (Somehow I think this makes the trip tax deductible!)

As everyone knows, BB is huge in Europe and our recent NCAA run gave us great worldwide exposure.
Go Cuse!

In that case...if Syracuse played there it would be considered a home game!!

After we go to Europe this summer the only places left on the map that won't be considered home games will be Antartica and Easter Island.

Syracuse, like most of the west, celebrates Easter, therefore, Easter Island is another Home Court.

Many people in Syracuse and most players have Aunts, which is easily confused with "Ant", especially by children and sports commentators with undeveloped minds (Doug Gottlieb); therefore, this is another home game. Besides, everyone likes penguins and Syracuse has the most snow in the ACC and there is lots of snow in Antarctica, so, again, Antarctica would be another home court.