Orange Tip off October 14. | Syracusefan.com

Orange Tip off October 14.

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
I went into MyCuse account to grab my free tickets and see that the only tickets available are lower deck corners and end court. Usually this is general admission. I have seasons sidecourt in 123. Anyone know what the approach is here? Are they reserving ALL sidecourt seats on both sides for students? Seems like intense overkill

I went into MyCuse account to grab my free tickets and see that the only tickets available are lower deck corners and end court. Usually this is general admission. I have seasons sidecourt in 123. Anyone know what the approach is here? Are they reserving ALL sidecourt seats on both sides for students? Seems like intense overkill
Same thing happened to me. I really like the strong emphasis the SUAD is putting on supporting the students that attend games.

That is great. No issues. The students are responding and it is great to see.

But it looks like they have reserved 8-10K of seats for them. For an intra squad exhibition.

It will be amazing if we can get 3 or 4K of students to attend.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

It matters little for me since I have very good seats for the season and wouldn;t change them for the world, but events like this give others in less preferred locations a rare opportunity to sit in a more attractive location and perhaps consider upgrading. Agree that if this is an effort to give the best seats in the house to students that is well deserved, but if they fill one sideline it will be an unbelievable turnout let alone two!

Is there a schedule of events (rough times) for Friday's Tipoff? I assume there are introductions, contests, scrimmages for both Mens and Womens teams?

Reason I ask is because we're flying in for the NC State game and land around 7pm Friday, so earliest we could get there is 8pm.

Any idea what the parking situation will be? I just picked up a ticket in case I can go. I'm driving straight up from Jersey after work tomorrow so I'd probably head straight to the Dome.

I only see Kentuckys BBM listed for tonight. Kinda lame can't even get it on ACCNX

They used to stream them. I remember watching live when AO shattered the backboard. Weird that 10yrs or so later we are taking steps backward.
That was when they had the event in Manley and demand was very high especially considering the size of the venue. It were packed. I was there and can’t recall if it was that one that had Steve Nash even being videoed in. In fact I think it was Gumby, the ultra student cheerleader‘s 1st year. (He worked for SU well after graduation. Is he still employed by SU?) AO shattering the backboard was amazing but actually ruined the planned scrimmage.

I don’t know how attractive the event would be for tv coverage, streaming, without any big names as guests for what recently has been a very small attended event for a venue as huge as the JMA dome.