Orange women are 22nd in AP poll | Syracusefan.com

Orange women are 22nd in AP poll

Agreed.. they have slapped around their opponents to this point including #12 Tex A@M and Texas ( who only lost to #6 Stanford by 9).

Problem is that SU has not been a perennial player in the Top 25, so voters aren't sure what to think of them yet.

Problem is that SU has not been a perennial player in the Top 25, so voters aren't sure what to think of them yet.

Very True.. as well as the reality that like the voters on the mens side many haven't watched the games.

Other years their OOC schedule was rather suspect and despite some very good years, they unfairly didn't even get an invite to the NCAA's despite 25 wins(2009-2010 & 2010-2011). In my uninformed opinion Nicole Michael, her "encounter"with Gino and Quentin's reaction caused a backlash against SU and those teams. Shocker - Gino doesn't like SU. Then SU women finally get a bid last year with a 24-8 record and got beaten in the 1st round. They ranked 22nd in the final poll though. They have some very good and young talent so hopefully this will bode well for a continued good run for the womens' team in the ACC and NCAA's.

http://blog.syracuse.com/z89/2009/01/coach_q_i_dont_accept_genos_me.html

A higher overall SU athletics ranking, (presumably) leading to a bigger bonus for TGD. That's what it means.

Nothing makes me happier.

large_GROSS.jpg

Perhaps with the added income he can buy another phone.?

Other years their OOC schedule was rather suspect and despite some very good years, they unfairly didn't even get an invite to the NCAA's despite 25 wins(2009-2010 & 2010-2011). In my uninformed opinion Nicole Michael, her "encounter"with Gino and Quentin's reaction caused a backlash against SU and those teams. Shocker - Gino doesn't like SU. Then SU women finally get a bid last year with a 24-8 record and got beaten in the 1st round. They ranked 22nd in the final poll though. They have some very good and young talent so hopefully this will bode well for a continued good run for the womens' team in the ACC and NCAA's.

http://blog.syracuse.com/z89/2009/01/coach_q_i_dont_accept_genos_me.html

I have to think Gino saw SU as a potential lion too close to his savannah. We have all the infrastructure, minus "fans" to support a perennial top 10 women's hoops team. If UCONN can do it, why not SU. Q's ability to recruit is fantastic, but he's lost games he should have won, in the tournament and formerly in the BE, that he needs to start winning with regularity to gain public and voter support. Beating Texas and Texas A&M is a good start this year with a young team!

They are definitely on the rise. I thought last year they were going to be a national surprise. Maybe it will be this year. It will be fun to see them leap about 10 places in next week's poll if they can keep on winning this week.

They have improved their OOC this year as was mentioned. The last few years they have played a non-conf schedule ranked over 100 and that's killed their at-large chances. Q's teams have not done well later in the season, so hopefully they can keep the momentum going this year.

Coach Q is a great guy and I wish him and his team well, but if i ever have to sit through another womens bb game it will be too soon. I sat through 40+games during my time on the hill with the pep band.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom