Orange46R, you're famous! | Syracusefan.com

Orange46R, you're famous!

There were at least 8 articles on various websites, including syracuse.com, about Indiana strip girl, using your picture! You should feel proud. :rolleyes:

What is it with chicks from Indiana? The only other girl I knew form Indiana was bat crap crazy!!!!

So, Does the poster get a royalty or some kind of payment for the use of his Post and photograph? I'm also curious if the girl Could sue for the use of her photograph without having a Consent form signed. Or, Is this forum considered public domain after its posted.

i heard KAte upton was coming to the Bingo game dressed like that Saturday. marketing should jump on that.

So, Does the poster get a royalty or some kind of payment for the use of his Post and photograph? I'm also curious if the girl Could sue for the use of her photograph without having a Consent form signed. Or, Is this forum considered public domain after its posted.
I bet OP loses sleep over this post.

I grew up in a simpler time where if/when a girl attended a basketball game with 26,000 people and decided to get down to her underwear, it wouldn’t go viral. I guess I’m just old fashioned.

This is the type of bet you make in a 1/16 game so I guess I just find it adorable that this girl had enough faith in Tom Crean to make it past a Sweet 16 where she would make this bet. This guy would struggle to get the Dream Team to the Final Four.

And then his wife finds out that he's taking pictures of women in the skivvies and it's back in the doghouse. Fame has its price.

I seriously thought last night that was the reason he deleted the post. His wife happened to see the Syracuse.com article, then put two and two together. Traced right back to him, ruh roh Ruby.

One of the best threads of the year though, Orange46R!

Pretty sure its free game at a sporting event. I'm not sure if you have to be credentialed or not to use it... but I was in 2 national college gameday "war room" commercials. Not only did ESPN say they weren't paying me, they wouldnt even give me a copy of the commercials.

f*ckers

and the genius boneryarders are trying to use it as some kind of dig on SU and our fans :rolleyes:

CusefanATL said:
Pretty sure its free game at a sporting event. I'm not sure if you have to be credentialed or not to use it... but I was in 2 national college gameday "war room" commercials. Not only did ESPN say they weren't paying me, they wouldnt even give me a copy of the commercials.

f*ckers

I'm sure there's some kind of disclaimer on our tickets Which says any pictures taken within the dome is the sole property of The University and ESPN probably Has a clause in their contract to use any footage shot in the dome royalty free.

The woman is out of luck.
She's in a public place.
Her photo is not being used for commercial purposes (such as a product endosement) so she has no protection rom NY's right to privacy.

If Orange46R snapped the photo he has a copyright interest in it.
And he could seek payment from anyone using it.
His posting of the photo in this forum probably doesn't make it freely available for use elsewhere by other people and entities.

I think the larger issue is about potential defamatory content within the threads. I would assume she is still a private figure, or at the very least, a semi-private figure. Coupling that with the fact that no one knows how she came to be partially undressed, statements about her and her character could range from slightly funny to downright libelous.

Come on, what did this woman expect when she stripped down to her underwear and bra in an enclsosed arena with 26,000 people in today's digital age?

The original OP probably just felt bad that this is receiving so much attention, when he thought it would have stayed within this site. Sucks it had to be taken down, but I don't blame the guy for having morals.

Still funny as hell though.

From this account, it almost sounds like a bizarre medical condition. Like she didn't even know her surroundings. Sleepwalking in broad daylight in a way.
I agree...or some sort of behavioral issue.

1. First people who saw the pic after I snapped it were Marsh01 & GothamCuse as I immediately texted it to them. Second person was my wife when we met at the car postgame (we sat separately on Tuesday she was in our season seats I was up high with a buddy from work).

2. I feel very uncomfortable with the way it blew up original intent was to simply share the humor with the fine folks on this board. It was so bizarre and the fact that it was happening as Indiana was getting a beat down just added to the hilarity. How could one keep that to themselves! I am an occasional reader, infrequent poster who greatly enjoys some of the info and banter that goes back and forth on here. Do not have the time myself to contribute or engage much but I do try to add a little to the community here when I can. A while back I posted this one: http://syracusefan.com/threads/the-michigan-go-blue-banner.30611/#post-602279 which I think is an even better/funnier story and it stayed here, folks had some laughs and I figured it would have been the same with the pic from Tuesday night.

3. The amount of material mainsteam media pulls off the internet is scary. For all anyone knows I could have staged the pic or photoshopped it (I didn't). Brent Axe is a chronic abuser of this and it amazes me the amount of information that goes straight from this site into his articles (sometimes he credits SyracuseFan as a source, often he doesn't). One thing for a site like Nunes to run it, but this doesn't belong on Syracuse.com. Did they run it in today's print edition? Are they saving it for Sunday?

4. I heard the guy yesterday who was sitting in front of the girl call in and describe his take on the situation and specifically mention that the man sitting next to her looked like her father (which is what I kind of thought but couldn't really tell from my angle). So who knows what was going on. She wasn't jumping up and down looking for attention was just sitting there looking sad. So yea I started to think twice about it and ended up killing the original post (with the complete awareness that once its out there its out there). Wasn't like I was Zapruder sitting on something historical. Just a kid in her 20's doing something stupid most of us have been there unfortunately you do something like that these days everyone is going to see it (including everyone left up in section 317).

5. I am no lawyer but I believe I must have some sort of copyright interest in the photo. Tom Emery contacted me earlier as ESPN was looking for permission to clear the use of the photo on all their shows and platforms. I politely declined.

1. First people who saw the pic after I snapped it were Marsh01 & GothamCuse as I immediately texted it to them. Second person was my wife when we met at the car postgame (we sat separately on Tuesday she was in our season seats I was up high with a buddy from work).

2. I feel very uncomfortable with the way it blew up original intent was to simply share the humor with the fine folks on this board. It was so bizarre and the fact that it was happening as Indiana was getting a beat down just added to the hilarity. How could one keep that to themselves! I am an occasional reader, infrequent poster who greatly enjoys some of the info and banter that goes back and forth on here. Do not have the time myself to contribute or engage much but I do try to add a little to the community here when I can. A while back I posted this one: http://syracusefan.com/threads/the-michigan-go-blue-banner.30611/#post-602279 which I think is an even better/funnier story and it stayed here, folks had some laughs and I figured it would have been the same with the pic from Tuesday night.

3. The amount of material mainsteam media pulls off the internet is scary. For all anyone knows I could have staged the pic or photoshopped it (I didn't). Brent Axe is a chronic abuser of this and it amazes me the amount of information that goes straight from this site into his articles (sometimes he credits SyracuseFan as a source, often he doesn't). One thing for a site like Nunes to run it, but this doesn't belong on Syracuse.com. Did they run it in today's print edition? Are they saving it for Sunday?

4. I heard the guy yesterday who was sitting in front of the girl call in and describe his take on the situation and specifically mention that the man sitting next to her looked like her father (which is what I kind of thought but couldn't really tell from my angle). So who knows what was going on. She wasn't jumping up and down looking for attention was just sitting there looking sad. So yea I started to think twice about it and ended up killing the original post (with the complete awareness that once its out there its out there). Wasn't like I was Zapruder sitting on something historical. Just a kid in her 20's doing something stupid most of us have been there unfortunately you do something like that these days everyone is going to see it (including everyone left up in section 317).

5. I am no lawyer but I believe I must have some sort of copyright interest in the photo. Tom Emery contacted me earlier as ESPN was looking for permission to clear the use of the photo on all their shows and platforms. I politely declined.
I hope it wasn't her father. I hope no father would allow their kid to do this. I'm near 30 and if i did this my dad would disown me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom