Oregon hires Mario Cristobal | Syracusefan.com

Oregon hires Mario Cristobal

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Here we go...

you-have-died-of-dysentery-oregon-trail-goes-to-the-video-game-hall-of-fame.jpg

Cal head coach with Oregon ties or Boise coach who interviewed last year

Promote from within and keep Jim Leavitt. They have one of the top recruiting classes in the country. Need some continuity to keep them from decommitting as well as maintaining the culture set in place by Taggart.

If not, then Kevin Sumlin has to be on the short list. Runs a similar offense and had success at TA&M.

Dino is safe from this hire...

nothing to see here...

Promote from within and keep Jim Leavitt. They have one of the top recruiting classes in the country. Need some continuity to keep them from decommitting as well as maintaining the culture set in place by Taggart.

If not, then Kevin Sumlin has to be on the short list. Runs a similar offense and had success at TA&M.

Leavitt was a horrible coach, good recruiter, lousy coach.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I thought he was very solid at USF until he started hitting players, particularly starting the program from the ground up.

Jim Leavitt - Wikipedia

He brought in a lot of talent, like I said good recruiter, I thought he underachieved with the talent he had in the Big East.

Is this a Shafer thread after Marrone left?

Sumlin or Jeff Tedford who is at Frenso State.
Would be my top 2 guesses.
When Clay Helton is the coach at USC it shows how weak good college coaching depth truly is.
Helton isn’t a great coach and he has an elite job.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that we lost out after beating Clemson? If we would have won a couple more games, maybe Dino be gone?

Imagine Dino w the Oregon toys. We may have dodged a bullet losing out to be honest

If he wins 7 next year, there will be more job openings, and if someone offers him 5M a year, hes prob gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom