Organ music and the NBA | Syracusefan.com

Organ music and the NBA

elkeed

Scout Team
Now that basketball season has ended, I decided I would catch the Heat and Knicks game for something different. It was my first pro game this year. After a couple of trips up and down the court I realized why I can't stand how the association is produced. It's the stupid, dumb, droning organ music. It seems to go on everywhere. Enough with it.

Now that basketball season has ended, I decided I would catch the Heat and Knicks game for something different. It was my first pro game this year. After a couple of trips up and down the court I realized why I can't stand how the association is produced. It's the stupid, dumb, droning organ music. It seems to go on everywhere. Enough with it.
Then there is hockey. Today after the 14th fight in the Pittsburgh-Flyers Games, and 18 players are kicked out, they play Hulk Hogans theme music, as the hometown heavy with flowing curly hair leaves the ice victorious in his fight.

I haven't been to a Knicks playoffs game, but I can say with a fair amount of confidence that there is no way it's a better atmosphere than the Garden has been for the last two Rangers games. Unbelievable stuff.

I don't think many NBA arenas have the organ playing. The Knicks have always done it with those organ chords followed by the De-fense chants throughout the game. I don't mind it. It's better than some hip-hop bullshit going on during the game at the Q for instance.

I always felt the MSG organ gave games a special big time feeling. I don't hear the organ going in any other NBA cities, that I can recall..other than to start up a "defense" chant occasionally.

I don't think many NBA arenas have the organ playing. The Knicks have always done it with those organ chords followed by the De-fense chants throughout the game. I don't mind it. It's better than some hip-hop bullshit going on during the game at the Q for instance.

If it's not the organ, it's the sound of a rap concert going on in the back ground, as you watch players half ass it up and down the court. The pro game just does absolutely nothing for me. I'll take playoff hockey over an NBA game all day.

As for the post above referring to the Pens/Flyers brawl... don't let crappy flyers fans and players influence your feel for the game! There is always something scummy about them...

If it's not the organ, it's the sound of a rap concert going on in the back ground, as you watch players half ass it up and down the court. The pro game just does absolutely nothing for me. I'll take playoff hockey over an NBA game all day.

As for the post above referring to the Pens/Flyers brawl... don't let crappy flyers fans and players influence your feel for the game! There is always something scummy about them...

I dont watch much hockey but i watched that whole game and the penguins were playing really durty, hair pulling lol?

I always felt the MSG organ gave games a special big time feeling. I don't hear the organ going in any other NBA cities, that I can recall..other than to start up a "defense" chant occasionally.
Boston's been using the organ forever. They use the organ more than piped in music. It's awesome.