Orson Welles's The Other Side of the Wind | Syracusefan.com

Orson Welles's The Other Side of the Wind

OttoMets

Living Legend
I've been looking forward to this for a long time. It's his last film, incomplete for decades and recently completed, being released on Netflix tomorrow. Ebert's old website has given it four stars. Pretty exciting.

I don't know anything about it, but Ebert's old website has gone to pot as far as movie reviews go. They are hideous since bringing in all the new reviewers to replace him. I always (and still do when I see an older film) enjoyed reading his takes on movies, the new people are terrible in comparison. One classic example - the recent (couple years now) Godzilla movie that came was reviewed so glowingly on that site, that it is borderline parody. They favorably compared the story to the Bible. Yes you read that right.

I don't know anything about it, but Ebert's old website has gone to pot as far as movie reviews go. They are hideous since bringing in all the new reviewers to replace him. I always (and still do when I see an older film) enjoyed reading his takes on movies, the new people are terrible in comparison. One classic example - the recent (couple years now) Godzilla movie that came was reviewed so glowingly on that site, that it is borderline parody. They favorably compared the story to the Bible. Yes you read that right.

Yeah, I miss him. There's nobody else who compares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom