Oshae Brissett: ‘I feel like I got away from the basics of basketball' | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett: ‘I feel like I got away from the basics of basketball'

Good article.

“One thing I thought about the other day was I feel like I got away from the basics of basketball,” he said. “The basics being layups..."

YES

kids got a whole lot of upside. hope he sticks around.

Or he just isn't that good?

not saying he is good. But his selfish play leads me to believe he's trying to get his based on what an agent told him.

He got nba dollar signs in his head and forgot what made him so good last year

Because he is tall and lean? Can't dribble, can't shoot, has no inside game, and with no rebounders at the 5 he gets a lot of easy rebounds?
Some easy and some in total traffic. He’s an outstanding rebounder. Quick off his feet with perfect timing. You can not take rebounding away from him.

Some easy and some in total traffic. He’s an outstanding rebounder. Quick off his feet with perfect timing. You can not take rebounding away from him.

Outstanding rebounder?

I like reading this board because I learn things like Oshae Brissett isn't good

yes once again fro the so

Good article and great maturity by Oshae. He's got tons of potential and will be critically important to us this year and next. Start from the inside and work your way out. he gets a ot of attention being our only inside threat.

Cuse!

I still find his talent tantalizing, but his attempts at layups are terrifying, horrifying and mesmerizing all at once. I never know what's going to happen - I mean, I know he's going to miss, but how??? And how badly?

I suppose you just hope he gets fouled. :(

I find it very intriguing to watch. Sad, but intriguing.

He’s getting layups. He’s just not making them.

He's the type of player that could be very good by the time he's a senior.

But he's going to have to work really hard at it. He's not a natural scorer.

Ball handling, footwork, angles and adjustments, when to float or use the backboard... MUSCLE MEMORY.

Will be interesting to see if Autry can develop him.

I think the upside is there, no question, but not everyone can put it all together.

I would love to see him learn a jump stop in the lane and take a 5-8 foot jumper. Instead he barrels to the rim and shoots an off balance layup.

Many of them do this, making me think this is a taught feature, and not just a bug. I'm with you. He'd be well served to be less predictable. Makes everything easier for him.

Micky voice: “You AINT BEEN HUNGRY, since ya beat the Spartans!”

Oshea races Allen Griffin across the quad, and rediscovers his eye of the tiger, and puts up 25 and 12 the rest of the way.
VZYidSi.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom