Oshae Brissett: Celtics | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett: Celtics

Efficient, timely and on both ends. That is the definition of a damn good hooper who has no business buried on the bench. Good to see Oshae finally get a chance to pick right back up from last year.
havent followed this nba season at all but when i saw the reportts on this forum that he wouldnt play this year found it very hard to imagine...this game here makes it clear they were way overreacting and wrong.

even if the pacers are dumb enough not to play him (i dont think they are) 100% another team will trade for him.

still think he shouldve bet on himself and sign a shorter deal last season - as hard as that wouldve been to do - he clearly belongs at this level - its not a fluke.

98ED36D2-7A64-4D70-830E-9029B341F97F.jpeg

Oshae played 23 mins tonight vs the Bucks but only scored 3 pts as his shot wasn’t falling, 1-6. He did add 6 rebs and 2 asts. He was the first sub off the bench and came in 3 mins into the game.

Oshae played 23 mins tonight vs the Bucks but only scored 3 pts as his shot wasn’t falling, 1-6. He did add 6 rebs and 2 asts. He was the first sub off the bench and came in 3 mins into the game.

Milwaukee rounding into form. They are just better than Indiana.

Oshae finally getting his chances off the Pacers bench again and since getting back into the rotation he’s helped a struggling Pacers team to a 3 game win streak...and recently showed up to the post game presser to put everyone on notice.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Indiana seems to want to tank again (even with the current win streak) as they are apparently making Sabonis, Turner, Brogdon. Levert available.

Will help Brissett get some floor time

Even if they don't move those guys though, there are three older SF's that play 17, 15, & 14 minutes in front of him (Lamb, Craig, Martin), so I can't see why he can't get back up to 20 minutes consistently again..

Last edited:
Indiana seems to want to tank again (even with the current win streak) as they are apparently making Sabonis, Turner, Brogdon. Levert available.

Will help Brissett get some floor time
I think Indiana wants to win and will be good enough to make the playoffs. They looked pretty good to close out the season last year, with Oshae being a key reason for that and I think he’ll also be a key piece for them to complete a turnaround this season. The man just knows how to make an impact on the game, hopefully this little stretch finally keeps him in the rotation. Rick Carlisle shouldn’t be able to get away with keeping him off the floor any longer.

I think Indiana wants to win and will be good enough to make the playoffs. They looked pretty good to close out the season last year, with Oshae being a key reason for that and I think he’ll also be a key piece for them to complete a turnaround this season. The man just knows how to make an impact on the game, hopefully this little stretch finally keeps him in the rotation. Rick Carlisle shouldn’t be able to get away with keeping him off the floor any longer.

Shams Charania is a fairly reputable insider.

Whether they move players or not, Oshae should still be able to get extra time. You probably were responding when I made an edit to my post so I will repeat it here.

There are three older SF's that play 17, 15, & 14 minutes in front of him (Lamb, Craig, Martin).
So I can see an easy enough path (even with no player moves) for him to get from 14 minutes to over 20 minutes by simply taking time away from those 3.

Whether they move players or not, Oshae should still be able to get extra time. You probably were responding when I made an edit to my post so I will repeat it here.

There are three older SF's that play 17, 15, & 14 minutes in front of him (Lamb, Craig, Martin).
So I can see an easy enough path (even with no player moves) for him to get from 14 minutes to over 20 minutes by simply taking time away from those 3.
Yeah it’s certainly possibly, they are definitely a middling team with no real chance in becoming elite. I’m just going off my own intuition in thinking that they ride out with their current guys and try to compete come March/April and playoffs.

I think if anything maybe they trade Myles Turner, because him and Domantas together hasn’t exactly worked out, it might actually be an upgrade, depending on who they get in return.

They also have TJ Warren who should return sometime in the early new year and is a starting caliber NBA forward and should help them out a lot when he gets back. I agree though that Brissett deserves minutes from those guys you mentioned, I think he’s better then all of them. I think he proves that the rest of the year too. Fingers crossed, he’s my favorite Cuse guy in the league right now.

I don’t know what happened but Oshae went 18 games and only played 44 mins with several DNPs. Now he’s back to playing and has played 93 mins in the last 4 games and they are 3-1 in those games. On the season they are 4-4 when Oshae played 20+ mins.

Last night the pacers beat Dallas and Oshae played 26 mins scoring 9 points on 4-4 shooting, 4 rebs and 2 asts.

I don’t know what happened but Oshae went 18 games and only played 44 mins with several DNPs. Now he’s back to playing and has played 93 mins in the last 4 games and they are 3-1 in those games. On the season they are 4-4 when Oshae played 20+ mins.

Last night the pacers beat Dallas and Oshae played 26 mins scoring 9 points on 4-4 shooting, 4 rebs and 2 asts.
That's great news. Glad he may be sticking around.

Craig has fallen out of the rotation and is where Brissett was a few games ago.

Pacers are on NBA TV vs Warriors. Brissett came in early and has made his first 2 3s. Curry has missed his first 2 3s.

Brissett > Curry
He’s finally getting good playing time, recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom