OSU spraying oil ... | Syracusefan.com

OSU spraying oil ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
3 losses in a row. Richie P gettin' it done up in Minny. Poster boy Craft had 4 A's, 5 TO's and 7 points. OSU got out-rebounded 39-24.

"The Buckeyes shot 18 for 51 from the floor, just 35.3 percent, and had 10 turnovers in the second half."

I hate to kick 'em when they're down, ... but suck it, OSU! :D

Last edited:

jordoo

Living Legend
Rebounding scoring and turnovers . . . . . . Hard to win having those issues. Looking at that squad I don't see the young stars either are they coming in next years class?

Jack Hall

All Conference
3 losses in a row. Richie P gettin' it done. Poster boy Craft had 4 A's, 5 TO's and 7 points. OSU got out-rebounded 39-24.

"The Buckeyes shot 18 for 51 from the floor, just 35.3 percent, and had 10 turnovers in the second half."

Ennis is a better pg right now as a freshman than Craft. That is really saying something.

Alsacs

Living Legend
Ohio State is a top 20 team and now where near being a top 5 team they were before last week. They miss Deshaun Thomas and have nobody who can score beside Laquinton Ross on that roster. Ohio State's best wins are against a bubble Marquette and an epic failure choke job by Notre Dame in MSG. They will be a 5 seed IMO in March and if they get a bad matchup will be my 12 over 5 upset pick.

UnderHisOwnPower

Ask yourself, do I feel lucky?
3 losses in a row. Richie P gettin' it done. Poster boy Craft had 4 A's, 5 TO's and 7 points. OSU got out-rebounded 39-24.

There is not an uglier shot from 3 than what Aaron Craft puts up. A shot put with no rotation, I thought he might shatter the backboard with it.

RF2044

Living Legend
I attended the game last night. OSU looked terrible.

Craft hit a three late to pad his stats, otherwise was largely invisible. Ross had about 20, and no other buckeye got in double figures. Their best lineup is small, with Ross / Thomas playing forward together. They have one big--Amir Williams--who is a non-factor on offense--an athletic kid who can rebound and block shots, but who doesn't do much else; reminds me of Rak as a sophomore. And because of this, Minnesota absolutely destroyed them inside. Minnesota also had multiple ball handlers which effectively neutralized the vaunted OSU full court pressure.

They were extremely overrated to be in the top 10 for as long as they were. I think they've been exposed.

cuseincincy

All Conference
It was kind of sad and comical to see OSU's offense late when down points is poster boy driving down the middle of the lane trying to run into somebody to get the foul call and shoot FT's. I laughed out loud when he drove the lane, everybody from Minnesota backed off him so he couldn't run into them and as he was uncontrollably falling to the floor the Gopher player just plucked the ball out of his hands and went the other way with it. If the refs call the game right OSU is a .500 team.

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Helps our RPI!!! In the past 2 weeks Cal has beaten Oregon, Minnesota has beaten OSU and Indiana has beaten Wisconsin.

Of course, Oregon is plummeting, OSU is dropping and baylor is now losing.

We just need to keep winning and not worry about our RPI.

Garbs

All Conference
this shouldn't surprise anyone, they haven't beat anyone, I expect them to have 8-10 losses by the end of the year

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
I'm trying to find a good car analogy for this.

It's like telling everyone you have a top of the line German sports car (they presume Porsche, Merc, Audi, or BMW) and showing up in a Passat. Still a nice car but not at all what you've been telling folks about.

TerryM

Scout Team
I've never thought of craft as a good pg personally. He isn't good at running or creating offense. For my money Ennis is the best pg in the ncaa
His 3 point push shot looks atrocious! oh and Thad Matta is only 45 AHAHAHAHAHHAHA

_jonesy_

Walk On
Thought the same exact thing, time has not treated him well...thought he was definitely in his 50s

[quote="TerryM, post: 893291, member: 3314"Thad Matta is only 45 AHAHAHAHAHHAHA[/quote]

Entropic

All Conference
I don't think anyone would be poo pooing Craft if he wasn't blown up by the media all the time and talked about as an elite player. Its the same type of thing that turned a lot of people against Tebow. It's not the players fault, they aren't doing anything that really warrants the hatred. It's simply the media shoving an average player down your throat making them more than they are. I loved Tebow personally but it was obnoxious with all the constant Tebow talk, national headlines, etc. Its a similar situation for Craft IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseclass96

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom