OT: A-Rod | Syracusefan.com

OT: A-Rod

I literally would put him on waivers now with a sign that reads "Will pay 80% if you just take him. No questions asked."

I literally would put him on waivers now with a sign that reads "Will pay 80% if you just take him. No questions asked."

Will be interesting to see how Cashman proceeds. They are going to take a huge hit regardless of what they do with him. See if someone will take him and Yanks eat the majority of his contract. Sounds crazy, but they need to move on and he is nothing more than a huge distraction.

I don't know about that, if somebody is paying Tom Cruise 20 million to do a movie I'd say that was worse or maybe the contract that that Enron guy had.

Baseball wise, I would have voted Zito until recently.

A-Rod made $30 mil last year. That's $185,185/game. Not bad for eating sunflower seeds and scratching your balls.

You know Cashman is saying FML right now.

A-Rod made $30 mil last year. That's $185,185/game. Not bad for eating sunflower seeds and scratching your balls.

You know Cashman is saying FML right now.

Well he tried to get a girl in the stands to scratch them for him but everybody got all upset with it. Hey Cashman, a fool and his money shall soon part.

I don't know about that, if somebody is paying Tom Cruise 20 million to do a movie I'd say that was worse or maybe the contract that that Enron guy had.

Baseball wise, I would have voted Zito until recently.

Zito and Mike Hampton were worse IMO.

At least Arod won a championship and a couple of MVP's.

Zito and Mike Hampton were worse IMO.

At least Arod won a championship and a couple of MVP's.

I forgot the Hampton deal, that was one huge waste of cash and the worst part of both those deals was that the teams didn't have that yankee budget, they hurt them in multiple ways.

If they pay A-Rod the remainder of the contract now and then waive him does it still count against the 2014 payroll?

Funny thing...i can remember back when A-Roid signed that contract. Even then, people said the Yankees would be forced to eat the back end of his deal. Well, its time to pay up. Alex is worn out. His bat speed has slowed down. He hardly gets on base anymore, and can't run when he does reach. He is nothing more than an overpriced DH...and he isn't all that good at that.

The biggest problem (above all others) is that A-Rod doesn't scare pitchers anymore. Pitchers will go right after him knowing his bat speed has disappeared.

He should get his eyes checked while he's at it.

If they pay A-Rod the remainder of the contract now and then waive him does it still count against the 2014 payroll?

Not completely sure it matters as there is no salary cap in baseball. Could be wrong though.

Not completely sure it matters as there is no salary cap in baseball. Could be wrong though.

They want to keep their payroll under 189 million for 2014 to stay under the luxury tax. Though I'm not sure even the Yankees would want to pay the contract off all in one year.

Though maybe this tells you why Girardi didn't play him every game in the plaoffs.